mpfi problem..

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
as i said the other day i did a b18a swap into my dx crx. i did the mpfi wiring, and now i throw codes 4, 7, and 14. and ive never threw any codes while it was in the other car.When i start the car all it wants to do is bog between 500 and 1K and my throttle response is slow, and my exhaust kind of smells like its not burning all the gas. during the swap i took the outside wires on the tps and switched them around, i believe the green and yellow. Is there any way to clean the tps? i've looked in this site superhonda, and g2ic. and i cant find anything on how to clean it. The crank postition sensor, i took and color matched the wires and than the two blue wires the arent there i ran to the ecu, and ive tripple checked everything. i just dont understand why it runs like it does. Right now im at work and i have my EACV in back torn apart and going to clean it with carb cleaner when i get a chance. please ive been looking for 2 days before i finally asked this, thought i could figure it out but i cant. any help i get i really appreciate. thanks in advance!

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont clean the TPS, its a elctric sensor, you could ruin it.

make sure all the connections are right. find a bunch of DPFI to MPFI write ups and go back and check everything.

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
update

Green 91 said:
you dont clean the TPS, its a elctric sensor, you could ruin it.

make sure all the connections are right. find a bunch of DPFI to MPFI write ups and go back and check everything.

Ok the TPS i checked the plug and realized that one pin on the TPS was bent way out and wasnt going into the plug, so i bent it back and its good. My idle problem i found was from a cracked hose hooked up to the MAP sensor. I still get a code 4 and 14. I'm pretty sure code 14 is because i need a new IACV, Are those interchangable from any B series motor? or just a b18a will work? And as far as my crank angle sensor, i need to check my timing, well my problem is i have a megan racing underdrive pulley and it doesnt have any marks for me to check timing, what would you guys suggest, my factory one got chipped while i was taking it off. Oh yeah i cleaned the IACV with carb cleaner and also the other one that works until the motor warms up. so they are clean, and ive reset the ecu every time i have made an adjustment. the motor just boggs and stutters violently once i get around 1200rpm and does it til 3000 rpm, and has no power any where, and it pegs at 5000rpm. :evil: also ive been trying to find stock fuel pressure for a b18a and cannot find it any where.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Sounds like your MAP sensor is not working too well being that when it is running rich during warm up and when it tries to lean itself back out to normal running conditions.

Also, you could borrow a crank pulley and get your motor in time and then put on the Underdrive one when you're sure the timing is correct.

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
12.8:1 Ls/vtec said:
Sounds like your MAP sensor is not working too well
I've changed out MAP sensors and its the same, My idle at cold and warm up is just fine, it was horrible before i noticed the cracked hose.

[/QUOTE] Also, you could borrow a crank pulley and get your motor in time and then put on the Underdrive one when you're sure the timing is correct.[/QUOTE]

True, i just gotta get someone to lend me there's now, lol. wonder how hard this will be.