MPFI swap with z6 manifold

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright so Ive been browsing over at d-series.org learning all I can on this easy swap. So heres the deal that I cant find the answer to. When using a z6 manifold with OBD1 injectors you don't need to run a resistor box but still do everything the same way. So now heres my question, The yellow and black of the DPFI injector wire would go to the resistor box and on the exit side of the resistor box is four wires with one of each going to each injector. So if I use OBD1 injectors thus having no need for a resistor box do I just turn that black/yellow wire into 4 with a 4 into 1 wire splice??

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not just use OBD0 injectors?

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright so Ive been browsing over at d-series.org learning all I can on this easy swap. So heres the deal that I cant find the answer to. When using a z6 manifold with OBD1 injectors you don't need to run a resistor box but still do everything the same way. So now heres my question, The yellow and black of the DPFI injector wire would go to the resistor box and on the exit side of the resistor box is four wires with one of each going to each injector. So if I use OBD1 injectors thus having no need for a resistor box do I just turn that black/yellow wire into 4 with a 4 into 1 wire splice??
to eliminate the resistor box, connect yellow/black from one of the DPFI injectors to the 4 yellow/black from the injectors

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why not just use OBD0 injectors?
because I live in the middle of buttfuck nowhere and the only 2 hondas my local scrapyard has is a 3rd gen and a 5th gen with a z6....and the whole manifold is there etc. I would just need a distributor and the plugs then.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buttfuck .
hehehehehe lol

Its really easy to do the conversion using obd1 injectors. do you plan on just going and soldering on the OBD1 dizzy wires and such or you going to make a harness?

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
See this is where I cant find any information so i ass-u-me-d the obvious. The obvious being that I can use the a6 dizzy and use the harness plugs as in any other MPFI swap.

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
See this is where I cant find any information so i ass-u-me-d the obvious. The obvious being that I can use the a6 dizzy and use the harness plugs as in any other MPFI swap.
well if your going obd1 you need a obd1 dizzy none-the-less. but if staying obd0 you can keep the A6 dizzy. I would say go OBD1, PO6 ECU chipped, and OBD1 dizzy.

for your injector wires just run all for injector wires to the yellow/black, and your done.

ps
(i make OBD0-OBD1 harness's for dizzys....but no one saw me post tha)t :cool:

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I have a PM6 chillin in my shop so that what kind of started this whole idea. Well that and it is looking like I am going to have some stiff competition at the track this year. This is stock car circle track racing so in the rules it states that you can only use things that came as an option on that generation of car. This is stretching the rules just a bit but no one will know the better because none of them are honda guys out there anyway.

Heres the car http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=138625