muffler opinion

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so im thinking about throwing on a new muffler. something quieter and not so huge like my ebay N1 knockoff. ive heard good things about the vibrant mufflers and also been looking at some flowmaster mufflers(super 40 or super 44 series). i like the flat black look of both. my set up is 3 inch straight pipe all the way back no cat or res so i know neither of the two i just listed or any muffler for that matter will be quiet i was just looking for opinions and wondering if anyone else has used either of those mufflers or had any suggestions. car will be turbo'd soon thats the piping is 3 inch. all input is appreciated. here are pics of what im looking at
vibrant

flowmaster

Bheims

Bustin windows outcha car
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I can't help but Im also looking at the Vibrant one...mugenkid has this I recall

ryanM

i would either extend your 3" piping all the way back or replace it with a BC spec 2

s**t will sound wicked

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had three inch piping all the way back at one point with no muffler . could hear my s**t idle idle from 3 miles away no joke. way too loud.

hardcore97

Hard Core
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not when the state patrol around me are dicks. i had no problems at all with the cops with it that loud then i put a muffler on it to quiet it down and the dumbasses decide to start pulling me over

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I would get anything with a 3" inlet unless you are really picky about looks.

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i was planning on going with a vibrant stealth. Ive heard good things about them and the sound clips ive heard dont seem too bad.. the look is simple so i like it

immajackuup

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
megan MOE all the way.

thats 2.5 in/out they also make 3in in/out too.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah you know which one gets my vote...

codyllee

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just go with the Vibrant muffler and consider using that resonator... I doubt it would hinder performance at all and it would make your DD more enjoyable.