muffler shop, worth the money?

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
New question!!! Same thread.. if I switch headers to a rmf replica, will I have to convert to obd1 because my o2 sensors are moving? I really just need to pass emissions and iam trying to knock out my whole exhaust in one swing
No you do not need to DOWN GRADE to obd1. If the header has a different location for the sensor, just extend the wire on the sensor so that it reaches the mounting location on header - aka bunhole.

I would do the most important thing first, which is the emissions test. Once that is out of the way, you have 2 years untill your next test. I would rather pass the test first then modify. Of course you can do both at once, its all up to you man, good luck.

oandy1010

Iam at obd0, 1 would be an upgrade sadly lol, I really wanna get headers but have no four about it

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, we;ll if you're obd0 then you're obd0. just attache the sensor to the header. do that.

oandy1010

Correct me if iam wrong, that's what this is about ;), but one of my o2 sensors measures cylinders 1 and 3, the other measures 2 and 4.. I would have to convert to a new ecu since with the new header I would have a bung where all four meet, then another after cat? I has no clue :( I guess depending on the design I could just weld in a bung and close one off, did that for a friends datsun, but I really don't know

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Correct me if iam wrong, that's what this is about ;), but one of my o2 sensors measures cylinders 1 and 3, the other measures 2 and 4.. I would have to convert to a new ecu since with the new header I would have a bung where all four meet, then another after cat? I has no clue :( I guess depending on the design I could just weld in a bung and close one off, did that for a friends datsun, but I really don't know
o2 sensors measure oxygen in your exhaust gas fumes smoke. you have tw0 o2 sensors on a OBD 0 car?