muffling out exhaust noise

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
will generic dyomat sheets muffle out exhaust noise? My exhaust system is loud as hell.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it will, but that s**t is heavy and upgrades you have made will be set back by weight

Kryten

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you can try something like fosgate's "Dead Skin" its a spray-on noise and vibration dampner that should be alot lighter than dynamat. there are other spray on noise/vibration killers on the market as well. id look into one of them to help cut down on the noise level w/o addint a ton of weight.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just toss a generic Summit Racing glasspack on your exhaust system and it will reduce interior exhuast noise.

A friend and I put one (Summit Racing part #SUM-630802) on his 5th gens exhaust and it dramatically reduced interior exhaust noise.

surfer4life722

you can touch it...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just dont take out your back seats....w/ back seats in and installed, my interior noise was reduced by like 50%

ex96vtec

AWD Build In Progess
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd try to find a silencer for it first. If that didnt work I'd try a little bit of dynamat without putting it in permanently to see where it had the most affect so you dont load your car down with it. John