My 00 Civic hatchback

doosua

5+ Year Member
An update:

cleaned, honda bond applied, and qsd plate installed

the KStuned tensioner came in time while installing the plate.

Some polish treatment =)

The timing belt is rubbing against the pulley bracket causing the belt fibers to flake. I believe its a bit tight so im going to play around with the manual tensioner.

I lined the cam gears up and engine cylinder 1 is at TDC. I also marked the gears and belt to make sure they're lined up but when I installed my KStuned manual tensioner and rotated the engine a few times it doesn't line back up with the marks I made on the gears and belt. But the horizontal lines on the gears always line up when at TDC. Now heres my question, as long as my cam gears line up after each rotation and cylinders are at TDC, everything should be good right?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
These may be dumb questions, but I'm going to ask anyway haha. What is that first piece for and why not use an OEM tensioner?

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
To answer the questions about the timing marks, yes as long as the cam and crank line up don't worry about the belt. Don't know why the belt would be rubbing, the only aftermarket piece is the tensioner right?

doosua

5+ Year Member
These may be dumb questions, but I'm going to ask anyway haha. What is that first piece for and why not use an OEM tensioner?
You're fine man, but the first piece is a block off plate for the balance shaft gear. This piece will also help for clearance in the bay by getting rid of the gear. For the tensioner, the OEM one is a piston that can fail and it's a real pain to do timing belt changes cause it's auto tensioned. There is a OEM manual tensioner that I should of went with but never looked into it until now but since I'vet already got the KStuned tensioner I'll be using that unless I do decide to switch to OEM whenever.
To answer the questions about the timing marks, yes as long as the cam and crank line up don't worry about the belt. Don't know why the belt would be rubbing, the only aftermarket piece is the tensioner right?
Thanks 00siboy! But yes, I adjusted the tensioner again and it seems to be better.

I'll be picking up some small miscellaneous pieces today.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If the belt is loose then it can walk around and rub

doosua

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys!
Nice build so far!
Thanks! Your hatch looks great man.

I tried purchasing an h2b header from Logicmotor sports back in August but they lied and took forever to return my replies. It took almost two months to get my money back and once I got it back, I purchased a header from Swapshopracing. I received my header the same week I made an order.

In October, it took me awhile to get the harness together and to install the engine.

I also took my time on the harness and it's not the best looking but it looks good to me. It's about 80% completed.

and engine pics..

That's really it for now. I just need to install axles and get some coolant to fill it up then it's good to go!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn that header is nice. I cant wait til i cant start fabbing these up myself

doosua

5+ Year Member
Great progress man! I bet you can't wait to fire it up.
Thanks Reed.

I got this ebay radiator from a friend for $20 a while ago. My OEM radiator cap wasn't screwing on to the ebay radiator so I grind the neck

and also forced it on but I knew it wasn't going to be safe driving with a curved radiator cap. I threw the slim fan on the OEM radiator and probably get a new cap soon. Good cap compared to the one I messed up.

I just need the upper radiator hose then it'll be time to start it up.

doosua

5+ Year Member
Well this fricken sucks, i start to add coolant and i find out I have a cracked water pump. I was really hoping to get it started today and drive it around. I feel bummed out now due to the fact that it's going to start snowing soon. I'll probably order an OEM pump and new timing belt. :???:

doosua

5+ Year Member
Small update:

Napa hose 8325 with a little trimming makes it fit nicely.

and pics of the cracked water pump.

Kind of how the car sits as for now until the new pump comes in.

doosua

5+ Year Member
I just went to an open parking lot and snapped some photos.

I took my civic for a wash after and got some water in my fuse box and now the car doesnt start. I forgot to put back on the cover and water got through the spaced hood. :smackself

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks great man! I bet it feels good to get it on the road. Hopefully the fuse box issue can be solved pretty easily.

doosua

5+ Year Member
Looks great man! I bet it feels good to get it on the road. Hopefully the fuse box issue can be solved pretty easily.
Thanks Reed! I got it figured out lol. I cleaned up the ground points and took the battery ground wire off my bros civic and the car fired right up! I gotta pick up some new ground wires to replace the old ones.

Have a happy new erryone!