My 1996 Civic Dx - SiR lookalike

singlecamEJ8

so USDM it hurts.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just thought i'd share my current build...I had a white 1997 Civic EX from 2001-2009.... and started this project in late 09.

1996-Civic DX - SiR wannabe.

once it was drivable:

then i switched out wheels and interior and it has sat like this since 2010:

Eibach 2010:

At Blox OH 2010

and its pretty much stayed the same since then....

and this is how it sits now:

being that i have been Japanese honda crazed since 1999....I like the simple sublte yet clean look...and most important its DRIVABLE....honestly it will probably look like this 5-10 years from now.

current plans are to build a nice motor for it and beat on it @ Buttonwillow.and other road courses here in California.

comments and criticism are always welcome,

thanks in advance.

Johnny.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
This car is so damn clean it makes me sick! What's the interior look like? Got any shots with the wheels off? The ONLY thing i'm iffy on is the fender markers but that's such a small "complaint". Car is sure fire WIN man. Excellent job!

To the NOOBS that view this thread. THIS is how it's done. Clean FTW! :thumbs up

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
looks good. I'm not really a fan of the color. Grey is so boring to me.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
simple and clean :thumbup: i like the folding mirrors more though

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
OG

been clean, still clean. :thumbs up

singlecamEJ8

so USDM it hurts.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

The only reason i prefer the Vision Type-MC's is that i get better visibility from them than the power folding mirror i think it has to do with the convex for RHD cars.

My suspension setup is quite simple as well ....Omni-power full street coilovers Supsension Techniques Drop forks and ProArm rear LCA's, I have no shock tower modification, just a little clearance made for my axles on the subframe :D

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

The only reason i prefer the Vision Type-MC's is that i get better visibility from them than the power folding mirror i think it has to do with the convex for RHD cars.

My suspension setup is quite simple as well ....Omni-power full street coilovers Supsension Techniques Drop forks and ProArm rear LCA's, I have no shock tower modification, just a little clearance made for my axles on the subframe :D
only thing i could see upgrading is possible rear lip, rhd, and a engine

any interior or bay pics?

also details on these drop forks? im interested in this. i think im goign to start looking for a set for front and rear

Last edited:

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
only thing i could see upgrading is possible rear lip, rhd, and a engine

any interior or bay pics?

also details on these drop forks? im interested in this. i think im goign to start looking for a set for front and rear
There are no rear forks silly :lol:

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those suspension technique drop forks are rare nowadays. You might find a set popping up for sale somewhere.

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Damn is that thing sexy. Just like the old coupe.