My 1999 civic will not start

Tired.of.my.ek

Hey guys this is my first time posting on one of these so sorry in advance if I can’t explain everything correctly but I’m having issues with my 99 civic ex, its manual swapped and b16a2 swapped. Bought it pre swapped and have been working out issues since I bought it. Current issue is it’s cranking but won’t start due to getting no fuel, I’m getting power up to the relay but no farther. All the fuses are good, starter is good, battery is good, distributor was just changed to a brand new oem one, harness was just swapped out to a carrot top tucked harness, and ecu was replaced from a chipped p06 to a p28 with an s300v3. Not sure what to do, all grounds are checked and good, fuel pump was replaced and does work, any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I did not see you say you verified fuel pressure but you did replace the fuel pump. However if you have not, verify you are getting fuel at the rail. You can unbolt the fuel line and put into a bottle. Prime the key to II position and you should get a brief pulse of fuel that is designed to pressurize the line. If no fuel primes, then start checking circuit to pump. I see you saw you have power to the relay, check that you are getting power to the pump as well. If not there is a break in the circuit between the relay and pump and that's a relatively easy fix.

Otherwise if fuel and timing are all good, definitely check compression across all cylinders.

Additionally, since you have the S300, if the engine is basically stock then you should try loading a standard base map to see if the car will start and run. If it does then you know it's the current tune.

Tired.of.my.ek

I did not see you say you verified fuel pressure but you did replace the fuel pump. However if you have not, verify you are getting fuel at the rail. You can unbolt the fuel line and put into a bottle. Prime the key to II position and you should get a brief pulse of fuel that is designed to pressurize the line. If no fuel primes, then start checking circuit to pump. I see you saw you have power to the relay, check that you are getting power to the pump as well. If not there is a break in the circuit between the relay and pump and that's a relatively easy fix.

Otherwise if fuel and timing are all good, definitely check compression across all cylinders.

Additionally, since you have the S300, if the engine is basically stock then you should try loading a standard base map to see if the car will start and run. If it does then you know it's the current tune.
Timing is good and I have a basemap loaded onto the ecu, I had a feeling there was a break in the circuit but how do I find and repair it?

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Timing is good and I have a basemap loaded onto the ecu, I had a feeling there was a break in the circuit but how do I find and repair it?
Service manual is in my signature ;)