my 1999 vogue silver 4dr

B18cya99

Respected
Doesn't matter if they are volk te37, rota grids or any other knock off for that matter, still want to know the size. They all look the same, I see no point in paying 1,000+ for a pair of wheels especially for a $3,000 car
Looks the same and being the same quality are 2 different things lol. But u are entitled to your opinion. The wheels are 17x7.5 and I'll check the offset I can't remember right now.

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
those DO look nice, but confess I'm not a fan of the spiked lugnuts. I see a lot of 18 wheelers on the interstate running those things. But, to each their own.

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks the same and being the same quality are 2 different things lol. But u are entitled to your opinion. The wheels are 17x7.5 and I'll check the offset I can't remember right now.
thank you for the specs, what exactly makes rotas such "low quality" ? sure i have seen a few broken rotas on the internet but even a $1000 pair of wheels can break if your not careful when driving. sometimes name brand your only paying for the name, i have daily driven on my drag dr-41 wheels for 2 years now and nothing has happened to them, the powder coat looks good still and they are a knock off of a knock off.

B18cya99

Respected
Rota is a low quality man. I've owned several sets. The metal is cheaper. They serve the purpose for 1/4 of the price and quality. Not knocking them. I just have to many other nice parts to go with rota or some knock off. And to be honest these volk will only be on the car for the next couple months then I'll be upgrading.

It always goes back to u pay for what u get. Yeah maybe u pay extra for the name brand but u are also paying for the original design, quality, and respect. That's my opinion. Everybody has one.. haha nothing personal

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i understand, looks like you have alot of money into the car and looks like your building a show car, i wouldnt want cheap brands on a show car either

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what exactly makes rotas such "low quality" ?
It pretty much boils down to buying an inferior product that mimics the appearance of a higher end wheel. There are plenty of better quality brands out there at similar price points to Rota and other knockoffs. Some brands that come to mind are Kosei and many Enkei Racing wheels.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The offset is +40 or +44 I'll measure it to be sure..
???? It's not engraved in the wheels or on the wheel decal that came with the wheels? There's no forged, monoblock, made in japan, or rays engineering on them?

B18cya99

Respected
Yeah there's rays eng and made in Japan on the back. But I didn't see the offset back there. I don't have the sticker i had the wheels stripped and then powder coated the candy blue. So at one time there probably was a sticker with the specs.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what exactly makes rotas such "low quality" ? sure i have seen a few broken rotas on the internet but even a $1000 pair of wheels can break if your not careful when driving.
In support of that, I'd rather have a wheel take the hit and break, than have a pricey forged wheel "bend" not taking all the force, and having the suspension take the rest of the force.
Rather be out an $80 wheel than a $400-ish wheel and whatever else broke within the suspension.

But, this interesting article came out 3 years back, good read.
http://custompinoyrides.com/2012/03/question-on-durability-of-rota-wheels/

Wheel discussion aside, it's still a well done car...it's gonna be a pity to get those parts dirty.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
In support of that, I'd rather have a wheel take the hit and break, than have a pricey forged wheel "bend" not taking all the force, and having the suspension take the rest of the force.
Rather be out an $80 wheel than a $400-ish wheel and whatever else broke within the suspension.

But, this interesting article came out 3 years back, good read.
http://custompinoyrides.com/2012/03/question-on-durability-of-rota-wheels/

Wheel discussion aside, it's still a well done car...it's gonna be a pity to get those parts dirty.
The nature of the breaks is what is scary. Some breaks are small enough that you still have a wheel to roll on and some break bad enough to make the car into a 3 wheeler. The other issue is, in some cases, it doesn't take much at all and the cheaper wheels crack and break. crash! on here had her fake wheel crack just from daily driving. Some low end wheels just aren't worth the hassle.

and i'd have to disagree, I think it'd be a pity to not get those parts dirty. Spend loads of money so it can sit there...that just doesn't compute to me lol.

B18cya99

Respected
I didn't build the car to sit there so I can look at it. Lol it will be driven and gave some hell. But still be taken care of. It's not my dd by any means.