My 2000 si build

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wheels look nice. And you're gonna love the GSR.

emerican

Registered VIP
cant wait for the build and instal of the gsr in this thread
wheels looking pretty good like that

6thGenFtw

5+ Year Member
^thanks man yeah i just wanted to see what white would look like and this stuffs cheap, theres no prep work involved and when i get tired of it i can just peel it off

xXDeathMaliCeXx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^thanks man yeah i just wanted to see what white would look like and this stuffs cheap, theres no prep work involved and when i get tired of it i can just peel it off
I thought it looked like plasti-dip. That's what I'm thinking about doing on my wheels too. Looks good!

6thGenFtw

5+ Year Member
thanks dude yeah its going to be hard to keep them clean just got back from driving in the rain and theyre pretty dirty lol

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The b18c1 shoulda been in the em1 from the start. The b16 was a waste when they were making the c1 and c5 at the same time.
Yep the b16 is like a 2stroke 125cc dirtbike compared to a 250cc 2 stroke...

High revving but doesnt really go anywhere...

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!
Acura is Honda's luxury line. They were considerably more than Civics when they first came out, so manufacturing the Si with a b18c would have been economically impractical, in my opinion.

The b16 IS a completely useless engine. It's horsepower/displacement is crap compared to the other B's (even the damned LS has a better torque rating.. lol), but keeping that car as close to original factory as possible (motor, trans, a/c, power steering etc.) is something that's really sought after right now. If you plan to keep the car for a long time, put a GSR in it, and that thing will really come alive. If you plan on selling it in the future, as an enthusiast, seeing a swapped Si really turns me off of them. Just my $.02. Also, 6thGenFTW, car looks great overall! Keep up the good work!

6thGenFtw

5+ Year Member
GSR coming on thursday and this s*** happens.... Going about 60 down the highway with 2 friends in the car then BOOOOOOOM! CRACK! SMASH! WTF?! a deer comes out of no where luckily we were all okay but still MY CAR!

This the only thing that worries me... My roof is smashed

Im just super bummed.............

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
s**t dude. Glad you guys are OK.

6thGenFtw

5+ Year Member
Acura is Honda's luxury line. They were considerably more than Civics when they first came out, so manufacturing the Si with a b18c would have been economically impractical, in my opinion.

The b16 IS a completely useless engine. It's horsepower/displacement is crap compared to the other B's (even the damned LS has a better torque rating.. lol), but keeping that car as close to original factory as possible (motor, trans, a/c, power steering etc.) is something that's really sought after right now. If you plan to keep the car for a long time, put a GSR in it, and that thing will really come alive. If you plan on selling it in the future, as an enthusiast, seeing a swapped Si really turns me off of them. Just my $.02. Also, 6thGenFTW, car looks great overall! Keep up the good work!
I know exactly what you mean man. My plan was to swap the GSR in the em1 for a year or so and on the side rebuild the b16, then pick up a civic or integra shell then put the GSR in that and put the b16 back in the em1 and restore the em1, but now im not sure whats going to happen ill go to the body shop tomorrow and find out if they can fix my car and how much it will cost

6thGenFtw

5+ Year Member
I went to 2 different body shops and its going to be at least 3300 to fix just the roof and windshield. I think im going to part out the em1 and use the money to buy a civic or integra shell and then put the GSR that because i just spent 2400 on that GSR and if i fix the em1 for 3300 thats almost 6k going in to the em1! But idk it just really really sucks that this happened worst timing ever....

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f*** it im fixing it i cant let this car go i love it too much
I know how you feel man. I don't think I could ever part with my car. So you are getting it fixed at a body shop and still getting the GSR?

6thGenFtw

5+ Year Member
yep still getting the GSR and im going to supply all my own parts for the body shop and im going to have them repaint the whole car and bay then i will be broke but i dont care i think this car will be worth something one day and if its not oh well