my 2007 si is DEAD

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so get this iwent to the dealer to get my car washed on 11-09 and i saw one of the porters drive my car to the wash with the hand break up all the way and riding the clutch and now well my clutch is completely burnt, i am so f**king pissed off and this is bullshit, now it have also been the way i drive and teaching my girl to drive a manual with my car but i dont even have 11k on it and only had it for less then 6 months. did any one have any problems with their cars and why would they be soo f**ked up, first my throttle was acting up in the summer and now this but wtf..well im done venting and i am goin to take it to the dealer cuz i am not paying for a thing cuz well this is bullshit.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
they wont replace a clutch. They tell you right when you buy the car they don't cover wear and tear.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dude you always have problems with your civics lol

are you sure, the clutch is messed up cause of you? is this your first manual car? lol

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, that's gay.

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude you always have problems with your civics lol

are you sure, the clutch is messed up cause of you? is this your first manual car? lol
i know right what the f**k but they should eplace it cuz a clutch would not wear out in only 5 months so i will argue with them and hell i bet if that a*****e didn't rive my clutch when he was washing my car it would have been fine.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can wear a clutch out in 1 hour or less

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
idk maybe the clutches suck my friends 07 si clutch went up after 8000 miles>

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
maybe they went for a joyride or something before you boughtthe car. lol

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
a clutch should last a while providing that you don't beat on it....the guy at the car wash had to reaaaally ride the clutch and beat on it to get it to the point where its that bad.

get a 2nd opinion on your clutch.

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you know what i problly didnt break it in corectly this is my first new manual. i have always driven manuals but not new ones and well then how could have idone this i never did beat on my car.... well never thought i did and well what is considered as a good break in time, cuz i broke it in for the first 5k and then i drove it just a little bit harder then befor but i never burn out or any of that, and hell how does someone burn out a clutch.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
first off.. you taught your girl how to drive manual, in a NEW car.. thats a mistake, if you teach someone, use a beater. second, the way the guy drove your car was even worse, if you seen it or heard it, you should have addressed him and told him wassup. ebrake with bad manual driving exp. doesnt go together.. he must have been driving it harder than usual since the ebrake was up and well pretty much your just driving with the brakes on... third, shouldnt your 3yr/36k mile warranty cover that? especially if it was THEIR fault for DRIVING the car.

go out and get your car fixed! b***h at them! do whatever you can until you get some kind of deal out of it!

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I was expecting a huge crash or some s**t, change the thread title as it's misleading.

Sucks what they did.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If it happened at the dealer while they washed the car, why didn't you say something right away? You'd def be in a better position. Now that you drove away after you saw the incident, they may or may not take responsibility.

t85konrad

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well turns out it was all free the tow the rental and the repair, and the warranty on a clutch is 12k miles and if it happens again they told me to go to a different dealer to get it fixed for free again. so its all good and ya i bitched out that guy that drove with the brake up...

PICKLED

El mero mero Aguacatero
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So....this kid parked you car ONCE and HE f**ked up your clutch?

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
theres no way to drive the car once and f**k up the clutch, previous driving was probably what the cause was.. the dealership guy just added to the cause..

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have my OEM clutch, 120k miles 13yrs later......................someone can't drive or it's truly defective