My 96 Civic LX Sedan

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So my gas mileage wasn't looking too good, 23 mpg on an 11.9 gal tank without running ac, I'm going to replace both O2 sensors today & fill up & see what happens, both look really bad but no codes thown so far, I have replaced the IACV already & that didn't seem to do the trick so fingers crossed this does, looking to get at least 29-30 mpg, have any of you guys had this problem?

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Try a fuel filter, maybe plugs, run some injector cleaner through it, ummmmmm, make sure air filter is clean, there are a lot of reasons for loss of gas mileage, how is it running at an idle, is it at idle rpms, make sure your brakes aren't compressed e-brake isn't sticking, idk the list goes on, maybe a bottle of heat before injector cleaner, might be water in the system.

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What page was that video on?

Oh and agree with this guy^ I say if your passed due just do a tune up. Ur air filter should be pretty new so don't worry about that just Spark plugs, wires, cap n rotor, fuel filter, pcv valve if it's old, oil change if your due. I would do this before spending $100 on an o2 sensor. Also as said above if you're no idling high or some other weird s**t I wouldn't have worried about the iacv.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Try a fuel filter, maybe plugs, run some injector cleaner through it, ummmmmm, make sure air filter is clean, there are a lot of reasons for loss of gas mileage, how is it running at an idle, is it at idle rpms, make sure your brakes aren't compressed e-brake isn't sticking, idk the list goes on, maybe a bottle of heat before injector cleaner, might be water in the system.
Plugs, wires, cap & rotor are 3 months old, fuel filter is 2 months old, oil just changed last week, air filter is about a month old, running between 750-800 rpm at idle, new IACV, I just ran chevron with last fill up & do it every 3k miles, back in April it got a head job done & the head was hot tanked & machined, the top of the block also cleaned, i drained the fuel tank & all the fluids when i bought it in january of this year, it does not idle rough or run funny in any way at all, I just installed the new O2 sensors today, that would be the last thing on my list, the old ones looked really bad so it was time & I also reset my ecu so we will see on the next fill up.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What page was that video on?

Oh and agree with this guy^ I say if your passed due just do a tune up. Ur air filter should be pretty new so don't worry about that just Spark plugs, wires, cap n rotor, fuel filter, pcv valve if it's old, oil change if your due. I would do this before spending $100 on an o2 sensor. Also as said above if you're no idling high or some other weird s**t I wouldn't have worried about the iacv.
Video is on post # 429 & I had a flux in idle but the IACV fixed it, we will see on the next fill up.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I noticed when I drove to the store that I get better throttle response, that's a good thing, now just need a week to figure out if it's getting better mpg.

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Well hopefully that was the problem, cause the only other thing that I can think of is a bad caliper thats not decompressing, and that can be a pain, maybe take it to a brake shop see if they will do a free inspection.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well hopefully that was the problem, cause the only other thing that I can think of is a bad caliper thats not decompressing, and that can be a pain, maybe take it to a brake shop see if they will do a free inspection.
The entire front brake system is new rotors & all but I checked this morning & that seems ok, the rear has had the pads replaced & drums resurfaced a few months ago & there is no extra slack or tension on the cable, I don't see any problems with the brake system. I will fill up some time this weekend & see how it goes, I have not changed the mass air flow sensor yet so that will be the next step.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what happen to everyones sigs?

im pretty sure yours had redline customs on it last night , wtf is goin on here lol,

and my thread was closed.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The blue Honda H badge on my trunk got a better replacement today, the one that was on there was a crappy eBay one that got moisture in it.

This one is solid & won't get moisture in it & it's CF, also installed some blue LED's under my dash to light up the floors, rigged them to the dome light so they come on when I open the doors, looks good in my garage but I'll get a night pic later.

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok here are the blue interior LED strips...

Also found out that since my dome light acts as a courtesy light by staying on for 60 seconds after I deactivate my alarm that the LED's come on as well, awesome!

95excommuter

5+ Year Member
Nice, I was thinkin of getting some Leds to give me more optional light in my car, what brand did you get, and how easy were they to install?

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice, I was thinkin of getting some Leds to give me more optional light in my car, what brand did you get, and how easy were they to install?
I got 2 strips 6" long pre-wired & connected them to the wires running up the drivers side pillar using a splicer & solder, then cleaned a spot on both sides a high up on the firewall under the dash as high as I could go & mounted them, they came with 3M backing & stuck with no issues, the lights only come on when the doors are open or when I unlock my car with the alarm. Just ordered a 2 new superflux panels to replace my dome & trunk light plus 2 5mm pre-wired LED's to mount in my cup holders so I spent about $50 for all with shipping, go to oznium.com & get hooked up, if there is anything wrong they will send a replacement free of charge no questions asked, can't wait to get the rest.=)

emerican

Registered VIP
I like the leds man they look pretty cool
Hope the o2 sensors was your problem so it can be fixed now

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I like the leds man they look pretty cool
Hope the o2 sensors was your problem so it can be fixed now
Well I'm only above half a tank & at 168 miles driven so far so there is a definite improvement but will know more when I run the tank closer to empty, we shall see. =)

dj_hallucn8

"to punish and enslave"
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK, less than a 1/4 of the tank left & have 230 miles on this tank, still gonna run it till the light comes on to get the most out of the tank, now not seeing a much better improvement but some, maybe change the TPS or another sensor I haven't replaced yet, just trying to get 28-30 mpg, thats all, & I have been very careful driving just to see if that helps but won't know until the tank gets closer to empty.