My 96 Coupe Project pics inside, 56k iffy

darian_hagen_9

Hey everyone,
My name is Darian, I'm a 2nd year auto apprentice, from PEI, Canada, and I want to share my project car with you. Under a tight(ish) budget right now, but that should change soon. I'll just say now that I have no plans for a turbo on this car, I do like the idea of N/A.
I got this car as a shell from my friend cheap ($150 with a rebuilt title) in late July 2013.
Everything on this car is solid, EL front end not included (Thats quite ok) and no drivetrain whatsoever.

and heres when we got hit home, along with my old beat up clunker (fresh rebuilt b18a1 :P)

Alright so here's the fun part of the build.
I was laid off work 2 weeks before school started this year.
My GF also uses my DD car (00 accord SE)
So that means I have 2 weeks to build a legal, driveable, safe civic. That doesnt sound so bad right? How about doing it in your backyard with no engine hoist or hoist of any kind? Thats where the fun started.

This is my parts list to change from my Acura EL to my new baby:
B18a1 motor (85 kms since rebuild last year, wasnt really driven)
B16 Trans
Stage 3 Exedy Clutch
DC4 Radiator and axles
Modified D16 Shift linkages
Custom 2.5" exhaust
Custom mounts
Most wiring

Skunk2 sport shocks,
GC coil sleeves

So here's my old Acura EL getting torn up for parts
(It was going for scrap afterwards so I'm taking whatever I can use or sell)

Heres the motor out

(I pulled it through the front of the car and then set the civic down ontop of it after)

Here it is in the civic

Also the rims are 15" TSW Venom VX-1's from a while back, tire size 195/55/15

Here is also a couple shots with the EL front end fitted up (needs to be cleaned up and painted), and shots of my custom headlights and shift boot, and a couple of the old ripper.

And this is where I'm currently at, school starts tomorrow, looks like I didnt beat my wishful deadline,
I could have had the car running today, but yesterday I was removing the exhaust from my EL, and caught my hand on the rusted out rear bumper support, sliced my hand and had to get a few stitches, not fun to work on stuff like that.

Basically that's now it sits right now, I may not be on daily because of school and working on this in the evenings but I'll try to answer comments as quick as I can.
Thanks for checking it out everyone.