• JDM black housing headlights

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok guys so I recently bought a silver 96 EX with stock D16Y8, short ram intake, RS version sway bar, new head unit, dual exhaust, 19" Konigs wrapped in Falken Azeni's, and a body kit. Also has alarm system and short shifter, and new shift box.
Engine has been running great lately pretty quick for the D16 haha a fast SOHC???
Might have small oil leak going to replace V/C seal when it gets a few degrees warmer.

My plans for it mostly I would like to get completely stock bumpers and sides and drop it 1-2".
After that I would like to get some 17" rims, but if anyone here knows from personal experience that those might be too big please comment I really like to get suggestions on what would look better.
(EDIT**)Im looking at black rims with polished lip because after I get all the bumpers and sides Im going to repaint my car white, put a black lip on front bumper and maybe on the rear, get the OEM hood and possibly the red honda emblemsEND EDIT
Sorry about bad quality of pics I just took them and car hasnt been washed in awhile and its dark.
As you can see I am now rocking the steelies instead of the rims :D Damn salt messes up rims something fierce haha but the bottom pic is a throwback to my rims. (which are about to be traded for a GReddy exhaust system plus cash hopefully)

Last edited:

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow. Car needs lots of TLC and elbow grease. And 17's in my opinion are to big for a civic ej.

AllTracCelica

300whp / 230torque
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow terrible salt. loose 17" Rims go 16" rims.

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea i was thinking with it being lowered some 16's would probly look a lot better.
And yea I still have to wait till I get some money and hopefully for this stupid snow to go away before I am going to do the more serious work.
After all the body work Im planning on boosting it about 6-7psi by summer.
Thanks a lot for the feedback and I will definitely get better pics up tomorrow after I clean it up:D

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
did you get this car from a guy in rensselaer indiana?
No up here in Fort Wayne the guy I bought it from hasnt had it that long though.
He only put about 1200 miles on it before I got it from him.:D

fusion

5+ Year Member
Looks like my buddies car. Wasnt sure till i saw the front end and he smashed a deer with it. Needed a head light replacement.

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks like my buddies car. Wasnt sure till i saw the front end and he smashed a deer with it. Needed a head light replacement.
O yea well my s**t is pretty smashed too :shock:
Was changing lanes like a normal driver nice and slow and slid ride into the short wall of snow on the shoulder at 40 mph :evil: I HATE SNOW haha
But looking to go back to stock cuz its slightly more sturdy and then I could lower it some

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hope you got that for a hell of a bargain.. it looks like a headache. i would personally not even touch it.

EastCoastEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, those before pics are increible. This car is terrible. Really. And, in the case that this is a build thread, I mean this in a GOOD way. When compared to your before pics, your "after" shots at the projects completion should make you look like a hero!

Best of luck on the build!

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, those before pics are increible. This car is terrible. Really. And, in the case that this is a build thread, I mean this in a GOOD way. When compared to your before pics, your "after" shots at the projects completion should make you look like a hero!

Best of luck on the build!
Well my goal is stock ground effects all the way around lowered on black 16"s with polished lip, painted jet black, and possibly a CF hood. So yea this car is going from one of the riciest cars up here in Ft. Wayne to one of the best looking civics in my point of view. And thanks for the support I just need to get the money and motivation to start working on this thing haha.

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Going to clean it up today and get interior and just all around better pics.

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow man needs some love, hope you have fun with it! I personally like my 17's but NOTHING bigger. I think 16's look to small but that is MY opinion! 16 or 17" will look better then those doofy 19's, the rim's would be okay on a diff car, something that has big brakes (maybe). Good luck! Are you keeping the y8?

SiBlue_EK

save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
i had 17s on my EK hatch about 2 yrs ago.....when it had a y7 motor....they are heavy as hell but u can pull it off.....just dont think you are going to b super fast with them

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow man needs some love, hope you have fun with it! I personally like my 17's but NOTHING bigger. I think 16's look to small but that is MY opinion! 16 or 17" will look better then those doofy 19's, the rim's would be okay on a diff car, something that has big brakes (maybe). Good luck! Are you keeping the y8?
Yea it does need some love but it will be good when all finished.
Yea those 19s are for like a bigger american car haha
Well i need to do a brake conversion on the rear to get rid of those drums but a brake kit is way too much for me only working one to two days a week so that will probly be laater this summer.
As for now yes I am keeping the Y8 :cool:
Looking to boost it by summer if funds are appropriate

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had 17s on my EK hatch about 2 yrs ago.....when it had a y7 motor....they are heavy as hell but u can pull it off.....just dont think you are going to b super fast with them
Yea those 19s weigh a f**king ton haha
I think I am going to get the 16s though because they will look a lot less ricy and I am going for a really stock look because I do not want to draw a lot of attention from the cops up here cuz they will bust me for noise ordinance when my exhaust isnt louder than most of the cars up here.
The cops around here hate tuners with a passion.

leftywill3

I AM TAMARACK!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea those 19s weigh a f**king ton haha
I think I am going to get the 16s though because they will look a lot less ricy and I am going for a really stock look because I do not want to draw a lot of attention from the cops up here cuz they will bust me for noise ordinance when my exhaust isnt louder than most of the cars up here.
The cops around here hate tuners with a passion.

Woot no speeding tickets for me :D

So thats it I know this is going to seem like the slowest build ever but it will get done and having this thread up will keep me motivated to keep working on it.