253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very interesting. Gonna have to remember that. Thanks for the tip!:thumbs up

jordan00711

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Very interesting. Gonna have to remember that. Thanks for the tip!:thumbs up
lol no prob. If you have any more ?'s feel free to pm me.

My best advice would be make sure your boots fi friggin perfect. If not that will be the worst 10 weeks of your life.. I learned the hard way :evil:

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
Finally went to recruiters and they told me I'm 3% over in body fat and he enlisted me into future soldier training. This means i got to work out and get that s**t off hahah

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it'll be better for you in the long run anyways. especially if you're not in shape.
running may suck and be tedious as f**k, but you're gonna be doing alot of it.
don't be like these fat pieces of s**t that we have here in the air force, on waist tape waivers and can't run 1.5 miles for s**t.

jordan00711

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Finally went to recruiters and they told me I'm 3% over in body fat and he enlisted me into future soldier training. This means i got to work out and get that s*** off hahah
Your FST program may be legit. Mine was tons of fun and helped me out quite a bit before basic. I was already in shaped but I learned map reading, land nav, terrain stuff, actual pt exercises, and some d&c stuff. My fst program was top notch imo

it'll be better for you in the long run anyways. especially if you're not in shape.
running may suck and be tedious as f***, but you're gonna be doing alot of it.
don't be like these fat pieces of s*** that we have here in the air force, on waist tape waivers and can't run 1.5 miles for s***.
Running sucks balls, and most Nco's pretty much think that the army is one big marathon of running. You will run more then you can f**king imagine...So get used to it lol

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
RedLine, I just want to say thank you for serving and hope you see your family soon.

OP, he made alot of very good points, listen to him.
appericate it bro,
As said before basic is not the operational military so dont lose your mind thinking you got years of it lol. And yeah its really not too too hard looking back, Just mind games and PT. Couple tips, Run your ass off, work on push ups, situps, pull ups, flutter kicks stuff like that. Your not going to be doing any weight lifting so that would be a waste, and eat a good diet.

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just got out of Air Force bmt, it was stressful at times, very tedious things to do. Attention to detail is all basic is about in my opinion. You just have to pay attention and do what they say and just take the face time and yelling and dont take it to personal.

I miss bmt for some of the funny s**t said, its so funny some of the s**t they say to try and break your military bearing. Just make the best of it and the time will fly by after the first couple weeks.

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
ok I haven't started the FST training yet but after working out a bit I lost 1% body fat are there any tips on how to lose this ASAP?

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alot of running and situps and stretching

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, no miracle way to cut BMI. Just gotta do work and run, run, run, sits ups, push ups, and run. My recruiter suggested ingesting some protein too, which helped me a bit.

jordan00711

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
diet and tons of cardio....army bct is tons of mind f**ks and decent bit of physical work. But I swear the foodthey feed you will help you beef up like no other. I went in the middle of the summer hottest time possible and still managed to gain 30lbs

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
Yeah, no miracle way to cut BMI. Just gotta do work and run, run, run, sits ups, push ups, and run. My recruiter suggested ingesting some protein too, which helped me a bit.
Ya man ive been ingesting 120g of protein a day and Im really seeing results

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
Don't over kill yourself when preparing for boot camp! Last thing you want to do is get there with a sore body and not 150% mind body and strength!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Well damn, where has this thread been?

I went to MCRD Parris Island. Different than I expected, "difficult" none the less. Then MCT (Marine Combat Training). Ghey. Then i was at Ft. Sill for my school. I was there for 8 months, and i actually got to "assist" the guys in recruit training. I was in charge of the Marines that were on the working party to hand out your 72-Gear? Think thats what they called it. And yeah, there wasnt a day that went by that i didnt want to punch those undiciplained f**ks in the face. But hey, they were knew. Training varies GREATLY between the Marine Corps and the Army. It really is like comparing apples and televisions. But also, the missions of the two branches are vastly different as well, which is where i believe the big difference lies.

Not really sure where im going with this, but i figured id throw my 2cents then.

As for prepping for basic. you want to lose weight? work at it. Cardio, sweat, and food intake.

"ohhh i ran 3/4 of a mile, i can have some icecream." no b***h. run 2 miles to start. then come home and intake proteins. Eggs/chicken/nuts (like almonds and stuff). The more you work out, then more you push yourself through pain, the eaiser it becomes. i promise. before i left in 2009, i could run 1.5 miles in 12:30 minutes. i would be dead, and my legs would be shot for the next week. now, i take my kids on a run (kids being newer Marines) for 5-6 miles every other day. i feel no strain or pain after 45 minutes. They act stupid, we go on a "death run". anywhere between 12-15 miles. For those of you that know LeJeune, we run from N street, over to french creek, then turn up and run to the front gate. Happens about once a week.

You will run, you will do pushups, and you will deal with stupid s**t. Its only 9 weeks. s**t, if my ex-g/f can do it, than any abortion can. its 80% mental with a dash of running.

Im actaully running on no sleep and about 8 rip-its. im rambling and i really have to piss. i love you.

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You will run, you will do pushups, and you will deal with stupid s***. Its only 9 weeks. s***, if my ex-g/f can do it, than any abortion can. its 80% mental with a dash of running.
Quote of the f**king year LOL :rolf:

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i spreak da troof

My quote of the day:

"IF HE DONT UNf*** HIMSELF, IM GONNA GO DOWN THERE FASTER THAN BABY JESUS ON ROLLERBLADES WITH A STAR-SPANGLED COCK RING AND SOUL f*** HIM."

:rolf:

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I went through basic training in 2005. People can b***h and moan about AF bootcamp being easy, but I scored high on the ASVAB so I wouldnt have to be a grunt :lol:

Its all a mind game, dont take it personal. Do what your told; shut up and color. You'll learn to hurry up and wait, but you also learn disipline that sets you apart from the other 99% of the people in this world.

meal time is the best during zero week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KQLPMYDYh0&feature=related

IwantVtec

Registered VIP
been losing weight rapidly but for some reason I just hit a brick wall. I'm not losing nor gaining :[