my car

Jesse M

5+ Year Member
Whats up guys? First post here .. My name is Jesse, I'm from Warwick, RI. Just thought I'd say whats up? Currently I have a 98' Civic ex coupe. Stock D16Y8, 178k miles. slow-as-balls. Basically what i want to do is the 99-00' SI conversion. This has probably been covered many times, but i just wanted to make sure i get everything right before i order the parts. =)
[MAIN FRONT END CONVERSION]
Hood
L&R Front fenders
Front bumper cover with mesh grille
L&R headlights
(optional preference) jdm fogs

I can get all that for $450 brand new, primred. Sound like a good deal?

Then of course I'm going to add:
Front & Rear lip
Tail Lights
Spoiler
some brand coil over kit, or lowering springs first, then buy shocks.
15" alloy rims
Thermal R&D exhaust
CAI

And probably a year from now .. a new engine. Preferably a K20 swap. If not, go with a turbo B16, or LS Vtec.

My uncle is crafty with paint, so hes going to spray my car, and we're both going to do the prep work. My paint is probably in 95% condition right now, just a few small dings, i've kept it nice since i've owned it. almost 3 years.

Question: How much paint (electron blue pearl) would i need to buy to fully cover my car? And how much would it cost?

Lastly, I've put about $1,500 into my stereo:
Pioneer 4800mp
cadence cvl-6k
cadence txa-300.2 & txa-1000D
Fi Q15
4Ga amp kit
second skin damplifier pro

And finally, here are some pics of my car, currently.

Basically what i want it to look like when I'm done, except I'm going to paint the fog light housings blue:

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good luck

Geovone

5+ Year Member
Is that a tint on your tail lights or something else?

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont forget the upper grille

are you getting the parts OEM or aftermarket stuff?

Jesse M

5+ Year Member
Thanks guys. I used VHT Nightshade on the tail lights. Anything was better than the yellow, red and white. I did it last year, so it has somewhat faded..

I'll keep everyone updated as a buy parts, do installs, and finally get ready for paint!

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i think you may need to change out the radiator support for the front end conversion? good luck though! good to see another 6th gen on the boards

Jesse M

5+ Year Member
i think you may need to change out the radiator support for the front end conversion? good luck though! good to see another 6th gen on the boards
Yes I remember reading that when i was researching about the conversion on a DIY. Thanks. =)

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for wanting to keep it clean.

Jesse M

5+ Year Member
not going to buy an si because it is extremely hard to find one in good condition. I'd rather put in the hard work so I'm more proud of it in the end. Even though it wont be a true si.. Well see andthanks for the support guys.