my civic pulling on evo's

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I doubt the evo comes stock boosting 22psi, the motor is probably stock but he raised his boost.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civfrk102 said:
dude i've seen this on more than one occaasion. and everytime the evo gets owned. so you can't tell me that all of the vids that i've seen are fake and made up just to make the k20 look good. :what:
Youve seen what....... K20 swapped civics spank 22psi evos? Post up another youve "seen on more than one occasion" for us then. Prove us wrong. Talk is cheap. =) 8)

CiVIcCFAsST

godzilla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
does anyone know when they are comingout with the final vid.
these vids are fricken awesome

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm calling BS on that. around 270 whp from the evo with the b00st turned up a bit, it would probably be running around 290-300 whp. That hatch prolly had around 210-215 whp.

can87

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i'm not saying it's impossible to beat an evo with a tuned civic but this video is lookin so fake to me?

child_racer

Jspek kid
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
either its fake, or thats the slowest ever ever built. If that evo isn't pullin' away from regular traffic, then there's no way he's really on the gas. The K20 hatch is fast, but that vid is hyped up

element_323

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I honestly CANT believe this Vid was brought back from the dead!!! THis vid is a total fake!

Rex_89

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont know wether this video in particular is fake but ive seen K20 hatches kill evos before. What i havent seen is a Evo beating a K20 swapped hatch.

element_323

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kihun_Cha said:
wow got some retards sayin this video is fake
this particular topic was discussed and beat to a bloody pulp. OLD NEWS!!

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
To those who think this video is fake:

1. Stock EVO boost is around 21-22psi. That Evolution was completely stock with exceptions of a BOV and Air filter.
2. The Hatch: K20A Type R swap, intake, header,ECU. We ran the car with an open header...

There is NOTHING fake about that video, I repeat NOTHING fake about that video. Evolutions are slow from a roll, bottom line. Look at any Evolution VIII stock 1/4 time, they barely trap over 100mph. What does that mean? That means the launch is the number one reason they pull so quick. Our hatch has run a best of 12.81 @ 108mph on slicks. That is by far, faster than any stock Evolution VIII in eveyway.

I have seen a Stock K20A2 swap hatch run 12.00's with a 50shot of nitrous, to the gentleman that said there is a hatch running 11's with n2o is completely right.. it's very possible.

Go ahead and tear this video apart, watch it a million times... I filmed this video, I am in the video. ( Passenger in the grey Civic). The guy in the Evo will be the first to tell you he got smoked.

Dont try to bullshit this, it's real... 100%. A K20 hatch will walk Evo's and Sti's all day.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cant beat it from the mouth of the Video filmer :rolf:

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
Seriously, if anyone has and questions feel free to call me at work. 985.951.8588.

I also have the full 10-20 min. video, uncut from that day...

It's hard to capture how fast a K swap civic really is, I hate when people say there's no way a Civic can be that fast. Well, your wrong..it can be, not only that but they can be soo much faster! Our hatch was nearly stock, imagine it with boost or nitrous, pure insanity.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FRODO said:
Cant beat it from the mouth of the Video filmer :rolf:
I cant argue with that.... thats all I wanted was some proof.. I still LOOKS like he wwasnt pullin.. gotta see one myself soon sometime... =)

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
I cant argue with that.... thats all I wanted was some proof.. I still LOOKS like he wwasnt pullin.. gotta see one myself soon sometime... =)
As we tell anyone, if you are in our area please feel free to stop and check us out. If I'm there, I'll take you for a ride personally. They really are that fast.

The Evo wasnt pulling..lol it wasnt going anywhere...but he was trying. Compared to the hatchback the Evo has nothing, from a dead stop however its a different story. The Evo shoots out the hole, but the hatch will catch up. The hatch is faster, bottom line.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DigitalShift said:
As we tell anyone, if you are in our area please feel free to stop and check us out. If I'm there, I'll take you for a ride personally. They really are that fast.

The Evo wasnt pulling..lol it wasnt going anywhere...but he was trying. Compared to the hatchback the Evo has nothing, from a dead stop however its a different story. The Evo shoots out the hole, but the hatch will catch up. The hatch is faster, bottom line.
You should tape them in teh 1/4........ =)

BoxinEJ20

Dr. 20G
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you mean you will walk stock evo's and sti's
how many stock wrxs/sti's/evos are out there?...even small turbo wrx's will run mid 12s trapping 112ish.

DigitalShift said:
To those who think this video is fake:

A K20 hatch will walk Evo's and Sti's all day.

DigitalShift

5+ Year Member
BoxinEJ20 said:
you mean you will walk stock evo's and sti's
how many stock wrxs/sti's/evos are out there?...
A stock Evolution or WRX isnt going to trap 112ish. I'm sorry. I dont care how you look at it, it doesnt matter how many stock Evos/WRX's are out there.

BoxinEJ20 said:
even small turbo wrx's will run mid 12s trapping 112ish.
So what? Mid 12's 112 ish? Isnt 112mph 11 second teritory?? Is there a loss of traction? I doubt it, especially with your AWD.

Screw WRX's and Evo's..they arent invincible, people get so worked up over a FWD Honda tearing their AWD Turbocharged mosters apart. Dont get me wrong, I like the cars..I almost bought one. But I couldnt justify spending $30k, when I could spend half and get something just as fast if not faster. No offense to you, but most of the heat from this video come from WRX or Evolution owners..

When my car runs this week, I'm going to race an 04 STi. Mods: HKS downpipe, Carbon Ti DP back, HKS Super Mega Filter, Turbo XS UTec, Exedy twin-plate clutch..dyno tuned..320whp. I'm probably going to lose, but I promise it will be a good run.