My civic's rear suspension is too bouncy

rpfn140378

5+ Year Member
Hi guys, about a month ago I bought my second 6 generation civic, from the same year as the other one, 2001. This civic it seems to have an issue in the rear suspension compared to my other civic, if I measure from the tyre to the arch of the rear wing, there is a bigger space. When driving in pot holes it is really bouncy, it seems that something is loosed in the rear suspension. I’m planning to take off the rear wheels and have a look at the suspension. It looks to me that the trailing arm bushings just have been changed, there are some marks of hammering them in place. I never had any car with shock absorber problems, but when the shock absorbers get messed up, in my situation if it happens in my civic rear suspension, the suspension should be lower than usual, shouldn’t it? Any ideas will be welcome

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
That would be a 7th gen civic. And check your struts like the previous poster said.

rpfn140378

5+ Year Member
Hi guys,
Here in UK the 6th generation was sold until March 2001. Honestly I'm really surprised that it can be the struts or what we say here in Europe, shock absorbers. I always thought when they get messed up, the suspension would go softer but at the same time the car would go lower because of it

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They may not be fully blown yet, but replace the struts and see if it fixes it.

ej1loverr

i had the exact same feel on my suspension because of the shocks being blown, ride hight was not affected, So as the other posts say, it is definately your shocks

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I might be :deadhorse2: in saying what everyone else is saying lol but it sounds like your shocks are blown and you have high rated springs in the back