My CX just got black interior WOOT WOOT!!!

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So No joke, new years eve i found a DX hatch in the back of this middle of no were junk yard and i got the whole inside for 160,

i got everything from inside the car, bu there were a few things that i couldnt use or were missing,

so these are what i still need, dome light lense,clock, both window crank handles, and a passenger air vent (i broke it getting the dash out..

so if anyone has any of those thing that they would let go for cheap to free let me know lol

and tomorrow ill be cleaning the ever living crap out of it (the car i pulled ir from had no passenger quarter glass or hatch glass, so there was water involve that i have to resolve first

and the plastics are in rough shape but can be cleaned and saved, ill post pics of how ever far i get tomorrow as im doing it, but im OOBER excited about having black interior its one of the biggest thigns i wanted to acomplish.

btw whats a good thing to use to get the black back in the rear quarter plastics, i was thinking of seeing how they turn out after cleaning and if they are good enough ill just use interior protector, but if not i was thinking of useing that "back to black" for exterior trim, use that to give it a deep rich black color again, then clean off the exxcess. thoughts?

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Post up some pics. I used Back to Black on my exterior and it worked pretty well. I'm not sure if it works on interior or not, but it's worth a shot.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the only pics i have at the moment are on my phone and its of it when it was still in the donor car, ill post them up tommorow before i start cleaning them, then ill post before and afters for the parts that go from bad to better.

when you used the B2B was it a liquid or paste?, greasey? did it soak in well?

emerican

Registered VIP
Glad to hear you got it man i know youve been wanting it for a while from your other posts on here.
WIsh i had some of what you needed id help you out.
Nick or young on here used b2b and really liked it and the outcome it was on the exterior though.

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the only pics i have at the moment are on my phone and its of it when it was still in the donor car, ill post them up tommorow before i start cleaning them, then ill post before and afters for the parts that go from bad to better.

when you used the B2B was it a liquid or paste?, greasey? did it soak in well?
The closest thing I can think of with the same consistency of B2B is Elmer's glue haha. It's kinda a thick liquid. You simply wash the panel and rub it in with a cloth. The result is a little greasy at first, but not too bad. The only problem I had was that it faded after sitting in the sun for a couple months.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well the reason i was considering it on the interior is the formulation of the plastic its self is the same its just molded differently and sense the interior was exposed to the same inviroment as the out side moldings normally are i figured use the B2B let it soak in really good, then clean off the extra, then wipe them with a cleaning cloth, because all that it is, is that the plastic has lost its inpregnated oils, so all i have to do (in theory) is replace those lost oils, then maintain it. but we will see how it goes. lol

im so stoaked