My EJ8 Si Clone Build first honda

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
This is my Honda when i first found it, my neighbor tows cars for a living and one of his contracts is a gas station that sayed this car was abandoned there and towed the car it was not claimed in 30 days so it was his to sell

I offered him $500 for the car and he took it so I took the car come to find out the engine was blown and the driver side window was broken. Well got it home and started to rip her apart

It was easier for me to pull the Y8 head off to get to the back bracket

Got everything out and sold the head, tranny , dizzy , pretty much all parts that could be sold actually made a profit lol
I found my self a nice b16 swap to put in and researched the sh*t out of it and pretty much did it all myself which sucked

I wasnt to bad just took me a while to finish bolting things up and got her started and let her running, first i change her fluids, new spark plugs and wires. Then i sat back in my lawn chair listening to it pur

Put it all back together and took her for a coupe spins around the block had a cel light but didint know for wat then parked her back in the drive way

ok then i went nuts on a ebay and tune up shopping spree purchased
new alternator
new dizzy because of the cel code
healights
foglights
lip kit
pads
rotors
tie rods
ball joints
rain guards
traded my Y8 head for jmags
so then she looked like this

Well after a while the camber wear was rediculous on the jmags so i traded them for some light HX wheels with awesome tires, did a little bit of grinding on the brackets to get them to fit
i love the bronze color

Jose1027

Registered VIP
Looks good,more pics lol

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
Lol im still editing the first post i just learned how to inbed pics in post give me 15 min and you'll see her in all her glory

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks pretty clean. What are your plans? Is it a full out EM1 clone (B16A2, rear discs)?

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
Yes it is a full out EM1 budget build I bought a smashed ls integra to part out i gutted the whole things and used the rear disc conversion on my ej8

Sweetest part was the LS had si wheels on it so i kept them

sold the swap and still got a couple other parts
Well I was having a problem that vtec would engage at 6700 rpm I was like WTF my ecu was chipped by phareable so i thought there was a problem with the ecu, so i plugged in my P2P ecu and same thing but no redline....?????? i thought maybe my cluster was f'd up well i took some time to take it apart and found how much of a ricer the previous owner he put si gauges on a ex cluster

here lied the problem of the rpm, when compared to the ex gauges

Now back to OEM goodness

One day I got bored so I pulled my valve cover and stripped it with aircraft remover

Sanded down the letters with 80, 300, and wet sanded 800 to get those letters to shine

Masked off the lettering for paint

Then came the paint lol

Put it in the oven at 380 for an hour to bake the paint on and help with drying but damn did the house stink well heres the finished product not to back for $13.95 in supplys

Put the si wheels on and found a oem si wing put it on and this is how she currently sits

My plans for the future is to remove the head and have supertech valve train installed with arp head studs with gsr cams so i can run boost at a safe level. The turbo and manifold is next to me ill post pics of that soon. ALL WORK WAS DONE BY MYSELF AND MY GOOD FRIEND GOOGLE lol

RoidBear

UrbanSleepers
Registered VIP
What a find you have here! She's come a long way! Good luck with the build =)

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
Ty u. Im taking it very slow with this ppl always ask like what's your budget or goals.....sh*t I just want something to have fun with for the cheapest amount lol

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
You just have to know how to look and be patient thats all. Car sat for a month before I even began to pull the motor or bought one. I refuse to buy from a overpriced salvage yard or a web site that will sell you a motor more expensive thanbit would br to build one

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good find and save.
Looks like it could use some paint work on the plastic pieces(sideskirts and molding).

For myself, just to make it a bit different I would have put the 96-98 front end on it and used a GSR motor, just to make it a bit different. Also the fact I like the 96-98 SiR headlights and early stock front bumper better than the later version.

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
yea bro to each there own you know, im not sold on looks as in investment wise I just ordered my turbo manifold, turbo, and wastegate. Im more orientated in the speed factor. I put a b16 in it for the soul fact that i purchased a smashed em1 and took just the motor and sold the interior, cluster and stuff like that to offset the price of the swap so its running me pennys right now lol. Also my IMHO gsr are more of an all motor build / the majority of the ppl do it as so and im ot a big fan of all motor becuz of the cost of the horsepower per $ spent it wicked low

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
Well just about completed piecing my turbo kit together just a couple of odds and ends to pick up heres what i got so far

the intercooler kit i got in a trade of the rear disc conversion that i had the guy also traded me these

1000cc precision injectors which I think was a score by any means but thats not all ladys and gentlemen

AEM fuel pressure regulator with i think a gsr fuel rail

autometer boost gauge

MBC not sure wat brand

HKS knock off BOV
thats all the stuff i got in the trade of the rear disk conversion. Then there is the turbo

mani

all purchased for $200 off a forum member on here
walboro 255lph $50

all im assuming im missing now is
down pipe with o2 plug $90 egay
oil lines with sandwhich plate $60
3bar map sensor ?????
resistor box ????
phearable base turbo map $35

i painted the intercooler kit primer black because is was like a shiny aluminum i think it looks better how it is now. My question are for the turbo gurus are is will 1000cc be un-tunable on crome for a smooth idle?
considering my turbo has a 2" oulet my piping is 2.5" and my intercooler is 3" in and out, are these way to large for my application??

K-N-2-EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking good man! Proud you saved her! How much total do you have invested into the car?

KillaGuizEj8Si

Registered VIP
Looking good man! Proud you saved her! How much total do you have invested into the car?
$500 car
-$125 sold single cam tranny
$375
-150 sold y8 head
$225
+$900 b16 swap
$1125
+$1330 for new axles
new dizzy
new alternator
new tie rods
new balljoints
solid motor mounts
new disc and rotors
new headlights
foglights
chpped ecu
obd2-obd1 harness
$2455
+$300 for miscellaneous stuff i cant remember
$2800
so far i would say thats about it the worst part is i f**k'd up my b16 tranny cuz the guy at the automotive store gave me wrong axles all tranny fluid leaked out and BOOM went the diff so
+$400 for ls tranny because i was stuck in pa with only a socket set to change my tranny

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow clean build threads so far...out of the many si clones I'VE seen this is one of the simple one...doing it right from the strt...nice find 500...your lucky

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wow very interesting build thread so far! Definitely will stay tuned for more.