my ferio from Cape Town

Mr Rattles

Just like to share my Honda Ferio eg8.

Okay from the beginning.

Got the car in early 2007 as a pretty clean example, the previous owner was a elderly gentlemen and took very good care of it but passed away and left the car to his son but his son who didn't want it so I bought it.

As a dumbass high school kid I started messing with the car for example stickers,sound system,bucket seats etc.

I spent a few days cleaning the car properly and detailing it and although I pretty much riced the car out I never touched the body work and the car remained clean

Here's where it gets interesting. I daily drove the car for many years and saved up enough money to buy another car.
What a shitbox

Sold the Renault and bought this

What I did next was very naughty,
I told most of my friends that I had sold the Honda and the Golf was my new car. Dam they were so p1ssed =)=) however I actually put the Honda into storage and left it there,trying not to drive it and attract any attention. All the while my friends would give me sh1t about how I sold the car =)=)

Over the past 2 years I went on the hunt,collecting almost a garage full of parts.

1 problem I had was the Golf kept on breaking down so I struggled to save but it all worked out in the end. Some odds and ends below

Then I quit smoking and was able to save abit more money so I decided to invest in some proper parts.

Equip 15inch 8j et + 25 allround

Bc Coilovers

Falken Ziex 912s 195/45/15

But to name a few,now most of these parts sat in my garage for years collecting dust, you can imagine how much patience I had to have but I persisted.

how it looked back then

December 2013

The cars bumpers had been umm bumped so I booked it into the panel shop for the bumpers painted.

Now I'd just like to state that this car has NOT been resprayed only the bumpers have.

I loaded all my parts into the car and went for fitment. A few hours later and this was the end result.

The car was then clayed,buffed,polished etc and I took the car to a few of my friends that I had previously lied to about selling and boy were they shocked, p1ssed but happy that I still have it and most of them forgave me hehe.

And that's my story, thanks for looking and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.I'll leave you with 1 more teaser for now and more to follow. Thanks for looking

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
Thought this was going to be a pontiac fiero at first, lol

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thought this was going to be a pontiac fiero at first, lol
In some countries the Civic sedan is called a Civic Ferio.

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
+1 for quitting smoking and using the money to buy car parts! i tell my friends to do the same thing ALL THE TIME!

Caleb.N

I don't know how you managed to collect all the parts and stored it away for years lol. Car looks amazing, Thats my next rim for my civic...

Mr Rattles

Thanks for all the kind words, I really appreciate it.

Some of you might be shocked to hear this but in South Africa this car
Is actually called a Honda Ballade.

Mr Rattles

I don't know how you managed to collect all the parts and stored it away for years lol. Car looks amazing, Thats my next rim for my civic...
Howzit boet?

Glad to see some1 from close to home=)

Haha it was so tuff. I must admit I was taking the parts out their boxes and packaging to clean them
Atleast a few times a month.almost drove myself crazy but it was worth it.
Thanks for the kind words and I am seriously considering the ambers.

Yeah go for the rims they are pretty cool.

Where can I see pics of your ek?

Caleb.N

Howzit boet?

Glad to see some1 from close to home=)

Haha it was so tuff. I must admit I was taking the parts out their boxes and packaging to clean them
Atleast a few times a month.almost drove myself crazy but it was worth it.
Thanks for the kind words and I am seriously considering the ambers.

Yeah go for the rims they are pretty cool.

Where can I see pics of your ek?
Yeah we pretty scarce on this forum lol, I can tell you 1 thing.. I would never be able to do what you did.. new part goes in same day for me lol, but I am glad you did what you did =). Anyway you Cape Town guys are very lucky when it comes to availability of Honda parts :roll: ..

Here is a link for my thread on this site..
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=221515

Mr Rattles

Lol that's what you think but we struggle just like you guys.
And when we do find the parts they sell for insane prices.

With regards to your lip I'll pm you my name then you can add me on fb then I can
Find some1 for you