My friends dorm parking lot bult dohc zc turbo crx (you'll like this ha)

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My friends dorm parking lot built dohc zc turbo crx (you'll like this ha)

So my friend dante's project is coming along nicely! last night we got the thing to finally idle.

basic specs:
90 crx
built dohz zc -- stock sleeves, block posts installed
tuner toys rods (rated for like 600whp)
forget which pistons he used (they're good he says, his comp ratio is like 8.6:1)
stock head and cams for now
big 16g turbo for now

he's built this thing from the ground up (essentially put a crx together from a bare shell with no wiring or anything).
most of the work was done in his dorm parking lot at his university :lol:
he's done all the work himself pretty much. he even did the block posting himself (i was iffy on that but he did it fine!!), he chipped the ecu himself and he's tuning it himself.

the best part is he has less than $1000 of his own money into this whole project (including the car). He's used money from selling parts that came with the shell to buy everything.

Heres the project thread on our local car forum around here, its a pretty cool build. Thought you guys would like it :thumbs up

http://toledotuners.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=31198

This project has been awesome so far. It was nominated for project of the year on the local forum :lol: (it was close between his crx and a 2jz swapped cobra)

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im on page 20 now...im impressed...

but didnt the people living there get pissed that he was painting? there are some nice rides that probably have some OD Green overspray lol

Coutts

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha, he said surprisingly none of the school officials said anything about it ha.

and his roommate didn't like the floor or something so he moved out, so he has a whole dorm room to himself full of parts hahahaha.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha, what a build. cant believe i went through all 50 pages. im just surprised that he was able to do most of it in a parking lot. cant do that type of s**t in California, either u get busted by the popo or people be jacking your s**t.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow. very cool