My goals for my civic changed ! Help me out

Tawine

Originally I wanted to get my 99 Civic LX to 200 - 250 WHP ... but I can't achieve that without a turbo, plus I still have a D16Y7 in it. Don't want to put another 3 grand in this car. Still want to be quicker though. So I need your help ... to find the right parts (and places to install it)

I need:

AEM V2 Intake
Sport Intake Manifold
Sport Exhaust (Not a fart can 3" inch one) - New to replace my stock header & catcatalytic converter ...
Short Shifter & a Twin - Plate Clutch ( even though it might be pointless with not much power)
ECU Upgrade (Don't know where to look for a good one)

I got Eibach Sportline Springs & Stunts & good summer tires. Maybe a anti - roll bar later.

With all this I'll be satisfied until I can afford a much faster car. Please comment, your inputs help a lot !! =)

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
dont waste your money, save it for a new car

MistahJuice

100% real juice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah swap and turbo are your only options, and if you can't even install the stuff on your list yourself then this will become an extremely expensive car to make fast for u. Just save up for something quicker or if you love your car then save for a swap. Just know not only is it cheaper to do things yourself, it's also much more satisfying.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
With those mods you won't notice any power gains. You'll have alot of noise though.

Tawine

Shoot ... I know. Everyone tells me it would be a waste. Sigh .. wished it wasn't though

Decipher

Registered VIP
Stop talking to this guy... this is his 3rd thread saying the exact same thing. :deadhorse2:

As said several times before: Even after you spend the thousands of dollars not just buying that list of s***, but paying shops to install them for you, you'll be making a whopping 115whp if you're lucky... nothing "quick" about it. What don't you understand?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Stop talking to this guy... this is his 3rd thread saying the exact same thing. :deadhorse2:

As said several times before: Even after you spend the thousands of dollars not just buying that list of s***, but paying shops to install them for you, you'll be making a whopping 115whp if you're lucky... nothing "quick" about it. What don't you understand?
jesus, and people called me a newb basher:roll:

Tawine

Haha, who are you? No one asked you to read my post, YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

Anyways thanks to the others that helped me out.

Decipher

Registered VIP
Haha, who are you? No one asked you to read my post, YOU DON'T HAVE TO.

Anyways thanks to the others that helped me out.
Ok, Buddy. I'll try not to get sucked into your ridiculous threads. But, you keep asking dumb questions and you're going to hear the same s**t whether it's me or somebody else.

Try this method: Before you get on here to take up people's time... google whatever it is you're about to ask about for at LEAST 5 minutes. If you still think you can ask the question without sounding like a complete jackass after that... post away! :thumbs up:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try this method: Before you get on here to take up people's time... Google whatever it is you're about to ask about for at LEAST 5 minutes.:
It amazes me how all these "noobs" can post on here, have all these big plans for their 10+ old Civics but for the life of them can't figure out how to use ANY search function.

Tawine

It amazes me how all these "noobs" can post on here, have all these big plans for their 10+ old Civics but for the life of them can't figure out how to use ANY search function.
Been used Google, just people on this site helped me out the most. Funny how you called me a noob .. like you never had question when you first starting modding civics.

Anyways ain't here to argue, I'm here to learn more about civics.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright guys. No need for this. Just answer the question or be on your way. No need for the bickering.

Anyway. Like several of the others have said. Simple bolt-ons will do you no good with the little D you have under the hood. Realistically it's time to choose what you really want. Do you want a "fast car" or do you want a "fast civic". Answer that and you will be on your way with making a better decision. If you do decide to keep the car but don't want to spend much right now on this motor but want a little more pep then I would simply look into a little more aggressive cam. now notice I said a "little more". Don't go overbored unless you plan on building the head as well. Then get your current ecu (or buy another) chipped and then get on down to your local dyno shop and get a good tune. Hondas don't make torque. That's the main problem. But those two things will atleast get you on your way and you will notice a difference. Still looking at a bbit of cash though.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
like you never had question when you first starting modding civics.
Difference is, when I started out, there wasn't the vast plethora of sites and info out there like there is now to look things up.:roll:

shawnjohn42

5+ Year Member
All in all simple "bolt-ons" like an exhaust, intake, and headers is a waste if you have a stock D-series motor. You essentially are creating a loud car and maybe a little horsepower gain. But, everyone is entitled to their beliefs on what they want to do to their ride. I suggest either saving up for a B-series swap or just boosting what you already have. Best of luck to whatever you do.