My hatch build version 2.0 (56k gtfo)

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got some more stuff for the head

new lmas

valve springs and retainers SHOULD be here today then it's almost time for the head to hit the machine shop

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks like its gonna be a quality build..

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks man I hope so, well the springs and retainers weren't delivered because no one was there to sign for it. Damn ups who the hell tries to deliver at 1 in the afternoon? Lol

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Got my springs and retainers today

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I woke up and it was amazing out today so I pulled the motor out of the hatch

Now it's time to get to work

motor is for sale lol

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn...I like it. Good luck to ya.

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Damn...I like it. Good luck to ya.
thanks alot man!

Well I ordered oem Honda valve guides today and they should be here Thursday, I also get paid Thursday so whenever I get the guides the head will be going into the machine shop to get some work done (disassembled, completely cleaned/degreased, port and polish, combustion chamber reworking, port matching the intake manifold, valve job, resurfacing/milling and getting all the new s**t put in). I'll also prob start prepping the bay this weekend and working on the brakes and suspension and all that good stuff (weather pending) lol

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well I got my guides in and took it to the machine shop it SHOULD be done today but I don't get paid till Thursday so I won't be able to get it till then, I also began to tear the car down (more) and started shaving brackets and planned on getting alot done today but the damn weather ruined it. I may rebuild my knuckles today of I can use my friends press today. Pics will be up when I get a chance

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
so you're planning on using a hydro trans? what mounts?

you should look into finding a '92-93 ls transmission case and putting ITR gears in it.

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well that was the plan but I picked up an extremely fresh jdm 98 spec itr trans with the 4.785 final drive but I don't even wanna touch it lol but idk I haven't decided yet

and idk about mounts how did you like the hasports with your b series?

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i've always liked Hasport mounts, but the stupid transmission conversion brackets never seemed to work well for me. I always found it best to stick with the cable transmission in these cars. that's why i made that suggestion.

you could also search up and down for an 91-92 XSi LSD trans. if you don't wanna take anything apart.

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah that's what I had before but the trans was trash I'm thinking of trying the innovative kit I heard good things about it but the design doesn't look as good. Or maybe try that pedal conversion you/steve had but try to improve the design by straightening the bracket/master cylinder

frankmoocivic

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im liking the build man. its seems like you have a good grasp on what you want. how much did you end up droping on the head work, if you dont ming me asking. got any plans for the block and body???

hondatuner18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I haven't completely paid for the head work yet but I'm guessing around $1200 for all the labor I put $500 down so far and I should know how much more I owe next week. As for the bottom end I'm gonna do 81.5mm bore and like 12.5:1 compression pistons and some rods and acl bearings and stuff. The body I'm gonna do all the body work and a core support and maybe a jdm front and paint it a color similar to the color now

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yeah that's what I had before but the trans was trash I'm thinking of trying the innovative kit I heard good things about it but the design doesn't look as good. Or maybe try that pedal conversion you/steve had but try to improve the design by straightening the bracket/master cylinder
well i had the innovative kit, and the pedal conversion. didn't like either. but i think using a larger clutch line like -4AN. but i don't like removing the heat duct on the drivers side.
paint it a color similar to the color now

always liked this color.