My Mugen eg9 inspired sedan...

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I suppose it's time for an update on this long project. It's winding down as I near paint but I just keep pinning on projects so i have extra crap to keep this 2 1/2 year project dragging on. I got my glass cut out Tuesday and finished scraping off the left over urethane. I also bought myself a few good Christmas presents. I bought a J's racing front lip for an eg9 as well as a new OEM front bumper to bolt it to. I also bought a new right fender to make all the sheet metal and parts up front new. I also bought a used mugen front strut tower bar. Hopefully when I paint the body tomorrow everything goes to plan. Here are a few paint prep pics.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Loving it. Can't wait to see it assembled!

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Awwww yeah! Paint time! I thought this was your daily? What are you driving while this is down?

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It was meant to be my daily. It got out of hand. I'm driving a b20 swapped white eg hatch

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Nah I bought this to make it this way. It got out of hand honestly.

I slept in today and got a late start on this whole painting thing. It was a butthole clenching experience with the cold combined with the extreme price of materials. I bought some nice 3m 2 part self leveling seam sealer to fix some of the old worn out stuff. I also had to swap out my hot temp reduced for some mid temp stuff. I finished about 10 pm. It took so long. Here are a few pics with it in the raw.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lookin good! Hard work pays off man.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I received one of my goodies in the mail today. I think it fits the bill pretty well.

I'll keep the progress coming. This is actually the fun part of any build.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Today I got a lot of goodies for the sedan. Most of what I got from Honda was clips and what not. The other thing I got is a little rarer than many other items I've seen. I have also been buffing on my parts during the week after work and on my breaks. I'll try to have it all buffed minus my new parts this weekend.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I really didn't get done what I set out to get done on Saturday. I had to paint my buddys wheels also. I sanded the mess out of the car and managed to buff my roof and right quarter as well as get a peek at my new J's lip mocked up on my car. Here are a few pics

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good goddd. I love the quality and depth in your work.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Good goddd. I love the quality and depth in your work.
Yeah I try to do the best I can. I wished that for once I could paint something and it come out perfect and not have to touch it with a buffer and have no trash or fish eyes. I do the best I can within my confines though.

Harv_D_Johnson

Yeah I try to do the best I can. I wished that for once I could paint something and it come out perfect and not have to touch it with a buffer and have no trash or fish eyes. I do the best I can within my confines though.

Regardless still an amazing job. Wish i could paint this well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I had a little time to work on my car Saturday. I really didn't have all my parts I would have liked to have had. Everything went OK but my driver side molding that goes over the doors has a slight bent spot in it. Not real noticeable but I'm gonna buy another one of those $120 pieces of crap if I can get my hands on one. It must have happened in shipping. I hope to find some dye to fix my old, sun faded fabric. I also bought some speakers to replace my old, blown out 20 year old units. I wished the car were nicer than my rhd but that really is a stretch.