My Mugen eg9 inspired sedan...

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Good to have you back! I always enjoy your builds.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've been away from messing with my car for some time now. From being sick for over a week and out of work to going back to work and not being totally ready for it, to working late EVERY day for over a month and still a couple of weeks remaining pretty much has taken almost every second of my time that wasn't sleep. I just melted my debit card on Majestic Honda buying a ton of new emblems and a couple of sets of mud flaps and such. It will make me feel better once they are discontinued. I'll buy an extra set of moldings for a hatch because I know I'll use them on a future build, or maybe I'll sell them for way more in 20 years lol.
I've gotten a few things done and ordered several toys in my time away. Here are a few of the things I've done in the time away. In about 3-4 weeks I can get back into the swing of working on it again.
I bought a new K&N filter for my cheapo intake so it will be all right by me
Next purchase is a new set of Tokico Blue struts. I like the good ride they provide and I don't plan on slamming my car so they work great.

Look for more goodies in the near future, as well as some stuff getting painted.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well I haven't had time to work on this car at all until recently. It happens I guess. I made another small order from Majestic for the car. Most of what I ordered was eg stuff before it gets discontinued. So far I have a lot of emblems both usdm and jdm, eg6 vent visors, eg 3 & 4 door mud flaps, an eg hatch full bra, a mugen 5 speed shift knob. I plan on buying a full set of eg hatchback moldings for around all the glass and the doors and such. I'll probably snag a set of eg6 thin side moldings while I'm at it. One of these days in about 10 years my stack of parts will be much more valuable. I have no plans to open any of this stuff. Other than that I have made small accomplishments on the sedan. I finished sanding all the parts to paint and actually bought the paint for my car. It's expensive stuff but it takes the good stuff to look better than just normal.
I installed my CT engineering intake arm with my K&N filter attached to it. It looks pretty good in the bay. I just need to finish a lot of other crap like painting the car, getting it tuned, installing my suspension. I'll get my crap together and tune this baby in the near future.
Here's my intake pics.

I gotta come up with a little hose for the valve cover vent but that's cake.
I got a few goods from Majestic. I really didn't get a whole lot for the car. I just ordered inner fenders, trunk shocks (which are expensive as crap), and a trunk cable. The trunk cable really wasn't necessary but it was cheap.

In other news I had been working so much that I decided to treat myself to something nice. I ordered a brand new driver door for the car. The problem was that the original part number, as well as the superseding number, had been discontinued. I left the dealership saddened but I knew who to call. I soon got a call and news that the door I wanted was in a warehouse in Tennessee. It is probably one of the last few new eg sedan doors in existence. It's kind of saddening because the 90's were Honda's golden age, and now the EG-pocalypse is at hand. Ek is next on the chopping board. Nobody cares about 01-05's so we're good there lol. Hopefully my door is in great shape when it arrives and I'll post pics as soon as I get them.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Glad to see you found some time to work on it. It is crazy that the eg's are a dying breed now.

:( I'm not ready. :lol:

In for new door and the huge list of other parts you've purchased lol

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
In your opinion, do you think there will be companies that make reproduction parts for Honda like there are for classic muscle cars now? It would be sweet. Original parts would still be worth more/better but at least we would have previously discontinued parts available.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
In your opinion, do you think there will be companies that make reproduction parts for Honda like there are for classic muscle cars now? It would be sweet. Original parts would still be worth more/better but at least we would have previously discontinued parts available.
I hope so. I've been stockpiling all the parts for a future build that I know are going to be impossible to get in a few years.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've been doing a lot of things on the car here and there. I took a week vacation last week and I decided to do some priming and get the car tuned in that time. I also made a potato gun and chilled. I bought what I believe was one of the last new eg sedan driver doors in existence and picked it up.
A small upgrade I did was swapping out my old LX tach for an ex one. No real big deal just looks a little better.

I took the car and got it tuned early last week also. It made the power I predicted it would. I said it would make 170-185 whp, so when I made 180 whp/ 129 tq I wasn't really surprised. Here's the video I took mid tune. These weren't the final numbers in the video. Here are a few pics and a video of it straped down.

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjmOmRpArso

I also got my paint on this past weekend as well. I prepped and painted both of my fenders, front and rear bumper covers, mirror shells, side moldings, side skirts, front lip, bumper plugs, and my spoiler. Here are a few pics.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Great update! Paint looks amazing!

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you do a very fantastic job at taping.
Yeah people don't understand the importance of quality masking, not just the front of The grilles but the back as well. I plan on buffing and painting little things until I can get back to the body.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've been spending a couple of tedious hours buffing these little parts and freeing them of any trash as well as slicking them out even more. Here's a quick pic of my buffing progress.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Well if you thought that looked good then you'll really like the mugen front lip with new semi flat vinyl inserts for the vents and a brand new Mugen badge sourced from Icb.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I worked on my car a good bit of time Sunday. I changed out the old and tired rear drum setup for the basically brand new disk brake setup I installed on the car. The rear disk brakes have new Honda pads, new Honda wheel bearings, Brembo blanks, new Prothane trailing arm bushings, new ARP wheel studs, and new Russell braided brake lines.
Here's the old suspension setup.

Here's the new setup. The rotors are a little rusty for sitting in my shed for a few months. The suspension is Tokico Blues and Tein S tech springs with a Buddy Club camber kit. Looks a lot better.

Here's how it sits. I'm sure it'll be a little higher with 15" wheels and meaty tires on them by just a hair. Hell the tire on there are mismatched pieces of crap.

Tig.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looking great. I call dibs on the spoiler if you ever get rid of it =) I've almost pulled the trigger on the WW flushmount a few times

If I remember correctly, you're from bama also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk