My NEW EK.....RHD 4 door all DIY and Garage Build

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's so crazy. I don't understand how ripping the front with the firewall off and putting a brand new one in can be structurally sound, even after welding it back together. Is there any chance the car could be less stable say in an accident?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

ReedMann

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
That's so crazy. I don't understand how ripping the front with the firewall off and putting a brand new one in can be structurally sound, even after welding it back together. Is there any chance the car could be less stable say in an accident?

I read somewhere that if done correctly, RHD conversion actually strength the body. This is because the welds from the factory are only spot welds and the RHD conversion is usually done along the whole edge. I'm no expert though, that's just what I've read.

marc111

I ♥ My SEDAN
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you did a rhd conversion in your garage? good lord. wish i trusted myself to do that one
yes, i did it on that tiny 1 car garage during winter time last year.....but I did my research for atleast a year to do everything right the first time around

Car looks great. What swap are you going to do?
doing a d16z6 build motor for boost but i'm still saving $$$$$ for it

=)

I saw Marc, me and you always have something haha
thanks bro!

I love your taste! Clean yet sexy!

Do you get weird looks when people notice you're driving on the right side?
yup plus thumbs up :lol:

Was it hard getting used to shifting with the opposite hand?
to be honest it took me a while.....first time driving it I almost crashed it and hit the car next to me :???:

do you say that to all guys? lol

car looks good love the volks
thanks bro!

to be honest the factory one seemed unstable due to that it was all spot welds.... when i installed my RHD firewall i redid the spot welds plus did some stitch welding on it....i have been tracking my car and abusing it on all the corners and it handles PERFECTLY.....

I read somewhere that if done correctly, RHD conversion actually strength the body. This is because the welds from the factory are only spot welds and the RHD conversion is usually done along the whole edge. I'm no expert though, that's just what I've read.
i think i read this too somewhere...thanks bro!

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
was the rhd conversion really as simple as drilling out the spot welds and replacing?? i know windshield, wiring, and all that fun stuff. but just the actual firewall i was told was very hard to change and keep everything lined up right