NA is best, thank you.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree with you kyle, and your input Maiku, I would much rather have a 12 sec all motor honda that i can drive with no problem daily than a 11 sec, or maybe even 10 sec turbo honda that is annoying to drive on the street everyday. all motor is cooler in my opinion, on a Honda anyway.

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i agree with you kyle, and your input Maiku, I would much rather have a 12 sec all motor honda that i can drive with no problem daily than a 11 sec, or maybe even 10 sec turbo honda that is annoying to drive on the street everyday. all motor is cooler in my opinion, on a Honda anyway.
yea. think about it like this: Joe Simpson's EG coupe is a 10 second car. could u drive that???

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea. think about it like this: Joe Simpson's EG coupe is a 10 second car. could u drive that???
not daily driven, it would be fun to drive every once in a while on the street, but not everyday to work and wherever.

96_vtec_lude

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
everyone in my area that has a fast honda is turbo'd... so what did i do.... build a fast n/a set-up, i raced and beat a 6.0 GTO and he could not believe that he was beat by an N/A honda.... needless to say, he gave me mad props....

ryanM

youve OBVIOUSLY never driven a high hp N/A 4 cylinder car or a turbo one. seriously. at about 250 naturally aspirated horsepower out of a B series, your borderline unstreetable. have you ever driven one? it sucks d**k. now a turbo car? streetable because when your not in boost...its like driving a stock car....not annoying at all. we have a shop in our town that specializes in toyota motors, especially the 4ag...you know...the KING of naturally aspirated 4 cylinder power...they built one for a guy i know for his AE86 with 285whp all motor...the guy says its fun as hell having the power whenever you push the pedal, but daily driving it sucks more d**k than jenna jameson

and i never said N/A was bad. it certainly takes WAY more skill and money to build an NA car than it does a turbo one, and they are simply badass. but like i said, if you want to go fast, your not going to stay naturally aspirated.

96_vtec_lude

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Slowcivic E G--- i'm running a J-Spec H22 in an EG hatch with a few bells and whistles on it.... fun lil car lol

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
youve OBVIOUSLY never driven a high hp N/A 4 cylinder car or a turbo one. seriously. at about 250 naturally aspirated horsepower out of a B series, your borderline unstreetable. have you ever driven one? it sucks d**k. now a turbo car? streetable because when your not in boost...its like driving a stock car....not annoying at all. we have a shop in our town that specializes in toyota motors, especially the 4ag...you know...the KING of naturally aspirated 4 cylinder power...they built one for a guy i know for his AE86 with 285whp all motor...the guy says its fun as hell having the power whenever you push the pedal, but daily driving it sucks more d**k than jenna jameson

and i never said N/A was bad. it certainly takes WAY more skill and money to build an NA car than it does a turbo one, and they are simply badass. but like i said, if you want to go fast, your not going to stay naturally aspirated.
The 4AG isn't the king buddy, first off it's not all Toyota, Yamaha helped quite a bit in the engineering of the engine, also they weren't quite smart enough to come up with something as great as the likes of VTEC. Honda is 100% independent, their engines are nothing but Honda engineered. They have history and soul behind their products. I can honestly say a B16 would always overcome a 4A, silvertop or not.

LS_VTEC_oya

N/A all day homie
5+ Year Member
The 4AG isn't the king buddy, first off it's not all Toyota, Yamaha helped quite a bit in the engineering of the engine, also they weren't quite smart enough to come up with something as great as the likes of VTEC. Honda is 100% independent, their engines are nothing but Honda engineered. They have history and soul behind their products. I can honestly say a B16 would always overcome a 4A, silvertop or not.
SAY:word:.....

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
What type of racing?

Is he a drag race queen? :lol:
king, dude. king.

and it doesn't really matter what kind of racing. either way, an NA Honda is going to be better for driveability purposes.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok yeah...this is all opinion. NA is not best, Boost is not best. I guess you could say whatever you want for your car is best. And just becauses its boosted doesnt mean its not realiable or streetable. I fail to believe that 200hp D16 NA is more reliable then a boost D16. It just not going to happen. Same with a 300hp GSR...And s**t stay under boost and you will think its a stock car.

Maiku

What's up my Ninja?!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok yeah...this is all opinion. NA is not best, Boost is not best. I guess you could say whatever you want for your car is best. And just becauses its boosted doesnt mean its not realiable or streetable. I fail to believe that 200hp D16 NA is more reliable then a boost D16. It just not going to happen. Same with a 300hp GSR...And s**t stay under boost and you will think its a stock car.

I happen to believe a 200HP NA D16 would be more reliable than a 200HP boosted NA D16.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I think that N/A is impressive but a turbo DD is pretty dope too.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I happen to believe a 200HP NA D16 would be more reliable than a 200HP boosted NA D16.

Well that sucks for you because it wouldnt be. A Y8 with no internal work just fuel system and igniton with a excellent tuner would make 200 with a bolt on kit. WIth a built bottom and some head work you could make your 200hp goal with less stress then your super higher compression on the edge of blowing NA build.

ryanM

not in a million years....do you know what kind of compression you would need for 200hp in a D16? its not even an opinion question. people who build their motors N/A KNOW that its going to be less reliable. when building a high horsepower NA motor, especially one like a D16. your riding on a knifes edge tune, and any play in either direction and something is going to break. ask anyone who has built an N/A four cylinder, and i mean BUILT, not this "im running I/H/E on my B16, its an NA beast!!!" theyll tell you, its not going to be more reliable. but i suppose you wouldnt know because youve never built a motor before, and just like watching videos of them on the internet.