Nav/Radio serial number Honda Civic 2016

busted knuckles 48

Just got done replacing the battery on my son's 2016 Civic and now the Nav/Radio system is locked out and calling for a code. From what research I've done online and on YouTube there is supposed to be a sticker located inside the glovebox or inside the owner's manual that gives the radio's serial number that you can plug in to the Honda site along with the VIN and it will give you the code. He is the second owner of this vehicle and I have looked in every possible place in and around the glove box and inside the owner's manual, all to no avail. I hate to go back to the Honda dealer and pay stupid prices for something that I feel should be made available to us owners for free. On YouTube some of the older Honda radios would show the serial number if you pressed certain buttons in sequence. That will not work on this one as all the buttons are part of the Nav screen. Do any of you know a way to get around this? I get that Honda is trying to protect the Nav/radios in their vehicles, but to go through this when one changes out a battery is just not right!
Ted

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
On the original stereo there is a code and it should be duplicated in the glove box. The code is also part of the anti-theft system so it may disable that system if you do not reset that code.

Call your local Honda dealership, they are usually good enough to quickly walk you through the issue. Ask for the service department and speak with a technician if one is available. Dont speak with the service dispatchers, most the time they have no clue what they are talking about.