Need advice, with Girlfriends Toyota RunX.

Caleb.N

Hello, Lastnight whilst my girlfriend was driving, her oil light flickered then she said the car made a weird sound and the car stalled. She tried starting car was just swinging. Now i know when oil pressure levels are low its like suicide to a car.. Im thinking the worst but I dont want to.. so I just want to find out if there could be the slightest chance of just the oil pump packing up? could it be a safety feature that the computer box sent a message to the fuel pump to cut off so that engine couldn't get damaged any further.. Your advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How much oil is in the engine? Low oil pressure won't necessarily cause it to stall out immediately. Check for spark and fuel.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Caleb.N

How much oil is in the engine? Low oil pressure won't necessarily cause it to stall out immediately. Check for spark and fuel.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
I haven't checked the car as yet, I will see it tonight.. but what confuses me is that when the oil light came on she stopped at a garage and the petrol attendant said that she is a pint short due to the garage not having any oil in stock she went to the next nearest garage and that petrol attendant checked her oil and told her she doesn't need to fill oil. So she drove off and that is when the s**t hit the fan. Obviously if I was with her none of that would have happened.