Need an amp manual

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
anyone know where I can download a manual for a Crunch Drive Series DS2600VU amp?

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What is it you need exactly?

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
I just need a manual for it to find out the exact specs and how the company wants to wire it. You know how some company has thier own way of wiring things.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well thats not true, some amps/speakers are better wired in a series circuit, and some in a parralell circuit, dependant on the ohms, its not a bad idea to do it according to the manufacturer....

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
that actually helped a little..did you install your own amp?
Best Buy asked 150 for install with 4guage wiring and rockford fosgate wires and fuses. I looked at the amp wiring kit and its 78.99 by itself with out the rca cables and fuses. any have a hook up??? :P

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes. I do all my own installs. Shops charge to much. Go to this web site www.cmttrading.com they have complete kits for very cheep its not rockford but its works just as good I used one for my ride. Good luck:thumbs up

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude you dont need a amp wiring kit, just go to your local audio shop, purchase some "monster cable, an inline fuse, some speaker wire, and go to walmart and buy some RCA cables....i installed all my audio and friends equipment, is much cheaper this way, the monster cable will set you back the most, but not 78 dollars, just post some pics of your amp, speakers and that s**t, and ill help ya figure it out =)

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
coo, I'll do that, but I already got the amp kit recomended by ray up there, its about 41 after shipping.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
41 bucks aint bad shipped, pretty good deal dude, have fun wiring =) and read your sub manuals, so you know which circuit to wire your subz in (parrallel, series, etc)

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
which is paraller

which picture is wiring the amo and subs in parallel?

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Both are in parallel. It's wired the same way in both pics.

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
what's the better way to wire it?

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
actually the secnd pic is series, and first is parrallel....and we cant decide on which is better, if we dont know the sub ohms.....

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
normal impedence is 8ohms..The JLsW0-8

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
ok, is this a right set-up? as for the remote start for the amp, do I just tap into the blue/white wire on the back of the deck?

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah your deck should have a wire called remote/power antenna....use this wire, and wire it to remote, power to power, make sure you use a inline fuse here, and tehn the ground wire, make it the same size as the power wire, and as short as you possibly can.....and if your only hooking up a sub just use the rear outputs, dependant on your amp you should be able to hook 2 subs up to the rear part....you dont need front subz....

silverctr

Whaddaya lookin' at?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BioHazard
actually the secnd pic is series, and first is parrallel....and we cant decide on which is better, if we dont know the sub ohms.....
Series would look like this with 3 wires used:

Wire 1) Amp L+ ----- left speaker +
Wire 2) left speaker neg. ---- right speaker +
Wire 3) right speaker neg. -----Amp R-

UnitZero

First Child
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
hey, thanks for the help...got everything running sweet..Gotta hand it to rayray, couldn't have done it without his help.

One last question, my deck face isn't lighting up as birght during the daytime, like you can't see s**t in the light. I checked the back of the deck today and the orange wire labled "Dimmer" wasn't connected. When my old system got jacked, they cut the wires behind the deck to get it. What am I suppose to connect this to?