Need an opinion

nick421

came across a guy selling koni/gc for $450 and claims they have about 10k miles on them, is it worth paying the 450 for it or should i just spend few more bucks and get F&F type 1 or save up for F&F type 2 or for brand new set of koni/GC?

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
$450 for good condition koni/GC is a steal. Since you'd rather buy garbage, can you tell me the name of the guy or his email so I can buy the suspension?

You spend $600+ on Function&Form and I'll spend the $450 on Koni/GC and sell my current setup and break even.

**Edit:

You should buy the Koni/GC setup. Provided he's got pictures that indicate they look like they're lightly used, they should be awesome.You won't get the lifetime warranty, but for less than $800 for a new set you aren't going to find any setup with a warranty worth while. Considering new a new Koni/GC setup is $800, $450 for a lightly used set is really good.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'll be spending close to double that for brand new koni/gc. 450 is a STEAL.

nick421

He said there are also custom extended tophats, 1" front and 1.5" rear and spring rates are 500F 430R
Here is a pic:

nick421

I know the price is a good deal but they have 10k miles on them. I know they last long but how much life do they have left in them?

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Go with the Progress coilovers you posted in your other thread.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's a risky purchase if you don't know the guy personally... The Sleeves/springs should be fine, I wouldn't worry about those as much. The shocks however are the ones in question. You really just can never tell how much longer they will last or what kind of abuse they've been through. It's a great price if everything checks out and would be fine for a few years, but there's no way of telling...

Worst comes to worse, a shock or 2 blows out and you spend a few hundred bucks replacing them. Still putting you maybe a tiny under or about even with a brand new setup.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
buy them shits ASAP lol,

but i would use the stock top hats and DONT DUMP the car, lol, but thats my 2 cents

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Guy sold them
I know that happened to me too! I was gonna buy the Konis/GC from this one kid selling them for $500. But $450 WITH the extended top hats? Damn. I'd be pissed.