Need help A.S.A.P!

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So today i was going to run some errands and start up my car with no problems, i put it in second gear and it starts sputtering and then it dies. Tried starting it and the engine won't turn, bought a new distributor and didn't know you had to place it at TDC to reinstall the distributor so i heard a puff the first time i cracked it with the distributor on so i think i made a oopsie
Sent from my civic using a stock engine

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm sorry starter cranks the engine, engine won't start and stay running.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The dizzy should just slide in and slide out in the same spot.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/141353-diy-distributor-seal-replacement.html

Why did you automatically think it was the distributor in the first place? Dizzy issues (to me AND not always) seem to be gradually unless something catastrophic happens to it. It wouldnt turn over or it wont run?
I didn't i checked if the timing belt had broken off and it didn't so the next thing i did was crank the engine manually from the pulley to make sure the emgine didn't seize,

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I didn't i checked if the timing belt had broken off and it didn't so the next thing i did was crank the engine manually from the pulley to make sure the emgine didn't seize,

You actually checked the timing or just the belt? I dont remember exactly if being off a tooth will cause damage but it can make it run like s**t/not at all.

No other CELs?

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
These are about 3 1/2 months old^^^

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks normal to me.

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check and see if you have spark fuel and compression

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So i changed my fuel filter and my spark plugs and nothin? :(

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Theres how tos on youtube for everything...

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Theres how tos on youtube for everything...
Yeah i looked it up right after... i'll be doing that tomorrow since i don't have a garage and i ran out of sunlight to keep working on it, also how do you know your timing belt jas skiped a tooth?

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Would the car just die if the fuel injectors are clogged? Or would it still be able to somewhat run?