Need help finding good brakes replacement

Tawine

I drive a 99 Civic Sedan ... & well I hate the drum brakes in the rear & the front ones also. Can someone help me find a good replacement? Don't need big Brembo brakes, but looking for sport ones. Anyone have some recommendations?

b16lewis

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice set of rotors New pads rear disc conversion then ride

Tawine

nice set of rotors New pads rear disc conversion then ride
I was searching online & found some PowerStop Slotted Rotors, but they are only for the front. Can someone send me a link on what I need to convert the rears to rotors?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not as easy as buying rear rotors. You are going to have to buy a conversion kit somewhere or use parts off of a model that has rear disc.

Search for rear disc conversion how to's. They are all over the net and probably a few on this site as well.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread moved to correct section.

Tawine

It's not as easy as buying rear rotors. You are going to have to buy a conversion kit somewhere or use parts off of a model that has rear disc.

Search for rear disc conversion how to's. They are all over the net and probably a few on this site as well.
Yeah I'm trying to get trailing arm from a 99-00 Civic Si. Someone told me I'd need like some cords from the Si as well. Last question, can someone send me a link to where I can buy a new or used one online? The junkyards I've been to, had no luck.

Tawine

trailing arms with brake assembly on them and the e-brake cables
The e-brake cables were cut I think, since I got them from the junkyard. I'm trying to find one online right now.
I'm going to try to DIY with this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_454466&feature=iv&src_vid=2H7PrQGIyM4&v=n_y2WEFzno8

I'm also trying to look for new calibers for both the rear in red or gold. Plan to just paint my old front ones.

If anyone has website that can assist with any of these process, show me.

UPDATE: I think I found a place where I can get the OEM e brake cable.. which one is it?
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2000&catcgry3=2DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=BRAKE+LINES

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Those are brake lines. You want the e-brake cables: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2000&catcgry3=2DR+SI&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=PARKING+BRAKE

There are DIY's for the rear disc conversion on here and many other Honda forums.

And FYI - the majority of braking power comes from the front. If you want overall better stopping power, you're better off buying new front rotors and a good set of pads. Rear disc is more for bling than stopping power. I'm not saying it won't help, but you'll notice the most amount of improvement with new rotors / performance pads on the front.

Tawine

And FYI - the majority of braking power comes from the front. If you want overall better stopping power, you're better off buying new front rotors and a good set of pads. Rear disc is more for bling than stopping power. I'm not saying it won't help, but you'll notice the most amount of improvement with new rotors / performance pads on the front.
I know that the majority of the braking power is the front. It mostly for the look, I'm tired of looking at my rusty rear brake drums haha. Thank you for the link, so the parts I basically need number 2-20? I already have a lever.