Need help. High RPM problem D16z6

Cee

My 1994 honda civic Ex coupe is idleing at 2-2.2k RPMS almost consistently while the clutch is engaged or in 2nd gear. All the gears work but im not sure if something is wrong with my 2nd gear, also if i was too go from 1st gear to 3rd gear, MY RPMs would probably be around 1.5k.

i checked the FITV which seems to be a constant problem for hondas, didnt look like it was unscrewed or anything but i screwed it back down and losen it a bit as instructed.

If i reach down and pull the gas pedal up, the rpms will drop to 1k where im acustom to it being.

I haven't really checked coolant yet, as i've never done that before so ill probably check it out first thing tomorrow to see if i need some or not, not sure how to check for vacuum leaks either so that would be greatly appreciated if thats the case.

Also i HAVE recently installed a new AEM short ram intake about a week ago, The problem has been going on for about a month now and i've been using it as minimum as possible as im a delivery driver and actually have to have a car to work. over the past week though its gotten worse reaching higher into the RPM band, Its killing my brakes cause when i try to brake the rpms are high and its like my car is trying to accelerate and brake at the same time, Almost had a accident just today and decided that, thats it. I absolutely have to find this problem and fix it.

Also idk if this helps or not but, I noticed that when i first turn on the car and drive for the first 5 or so minutes i dont have the problem and its not such a big deal at night either, so im wondering if that would be coolant related?

Heard a loud squeal noise earlier today when slowly coasting in first gear at a stop sign during traffic.

Please and thank you for all help.

mrprofits1

seafoam that b$#%^ maybe it could help. or clean the throttle plate it might be dirty.

Cee

i think ill do that in the morning see if it helps, i was looking at a video and some people put seafoam in the gas tank as well as the brake booster line, should i do that or just the brake booster line? and how much?

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Read the instructions on the can. It's about 1/2 - 3/4 in the vac line and the rest in the gas tank.

davis_1996ekhb

my d16z6 is having the same noise
sounds like the drive train is still winding down kinda after ive had he clutch in for a while
im thinking new trans or new clutch idk my d16z6 swap is messy

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Are you guy f**king serious about just shooting seafoam into a car for any problem? You have something mechanically wrong with your car or a bad tps sensor(but I doubt it). Check for vaccuum leaks, make sure youre throttle is closing completely, throttle adjustment screw didnt back out etc. Is it throwing any CELs or anything?

504scene

Are you guy f***ing serious about just shooting seafoam into a car for any problem? You have something mechanically wrong with your car or a bad tps sensor(but I doubt it). Check for vaccuum leaks, make sure youre throttle is closing completely, throttle adjustment screw didnt back out etc. Is it throwing any CELs or anything?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lol everything he said hell clean ur IACV...actually get in there and look..... seafoam isnt a mechanic he's a janitor