need help installing black housing headlights

00CivicSiblue

i just got black housing headlights. I unbolted all the bolts on the stock lights. took out the lightbulbs and the damn thing still wouldnt come out. any suggestions? first time doing this should it be this difficult?

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
theres 2 on top, 1 in the center (of the car) and 1 on the outside that matches into the fender..

im guessin you forgot the one near the center. then pull and wiggle to get it to come off the bracket...

00CivicSiblue

no i had all for out, 1 by wheel 2 on top and the 1 in the center. pulled those out and it seemed like it was catchin on this piece that is connected to my grill.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no i had all for out, 1 by wheel 2 on top and the 1 in the center. pulled those out and it seemed like it was catchin on this piece that is connected to my grill.
...you didnt take your front bumper off?

00CivicSiblue

lol ok ill do that first thing in the a.m ill post some pics when its all done, thanks man.....damn it sucks bein new to this s**t lol

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol ok ill do that first thing in the a.m ill post some pics when its all done, thanks man.....damn it sucks bein new to this s**t lol
its all good man, we all start somewhere.

my question is, how hard did you fight to get to the bolts?

but yes, the headlight sits in a little bracket type deal, and you need to have the front bumper off to take out your headlights.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I was going to say... How the hell did you even get the bolt off in by the bumper/fender without taking the bumper off lol. You gotta take the bumper off.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I was going to say... How the hell did you even get the bolt off in by the bumper/fender without taking the bumper off lol. You gotta take the bumper off.
yea, im trying to picture how he even got to them...

s**t must've been harder than trying to nail jello to a wall

00CivicSiblue

its all good man, we all start somewhere.

my question is, how hard did you fight to get to the bolts?

but yes, the headlight sits in a little bracket type deal, and you need to have the front bumper off to take out your headlights.
well the one in the center was already off. so technically i only removed 3. Shoulda been a lil more specific lol. i only tried to remove the driver side headlight and when that was being a b***h i said f it imma wash my car then head to work. so im off tomorrow ill have to do it then:what:

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well the one in the center was already off. so technically i only removed 3. Shoulda been a lil more specific lol. i only tried to remove the driver side headlight and when that was being a b***h i said f it imma wash my car then head to work. so im off tomorrow ill have to do it then:what:
once you take your bumper off, it'll take all of 30 seconds to get it out. couldnt tell you how many DIY housings ive done

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
taking the bumper off to take out the headlights is like common sense...