Need help, what does this plug into??

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like the title says what does this plug into???

and this one as well

I also found a yellow plug that's located by the passenger air bag but cant find what it need to be connected to?

Ive been trying to fix the cruise control, SRS, and low fuel indicators but it seems almost hopeless because i cant find the cause of why they're not working, and yes i checked the bulbs behind the dash and they all work.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated.

RonJ

Banned
Can you post a clear close up picture showing the rear side of the green connector?

Where is the taped 2P connector located? What color are its two wires?

The yellow connector is probably for the passenger side airbag. It plugs in near where the heater cable goes to the firewall.

will85w4

Save the SOHC
5+ Year Member
does car run with it unplugged? did you unplug it? what year/type of civic?

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok it does run with it unplugged and its a 99 civic ex

Ron i will go take more pics right now hang tight!! and about the yellow plug i could find where it connects to???

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is that taped connector on the far left side? above the dead pedal? I had one just like that in my 1995 civic ex.

Don't know if this is any help to you, just throwin that out there :P

RonJ

Banned
The green connector is probably for the security control system. If you don't have the stock security system, then it is unused.

Post a picture of the yellow plug. Follow the heater cable (it opens and closes the heater valve) from the heater control panel to near where the passenger's left foot would sit. The yellow connector plugs in around that area.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry for the super shitty pic hehe

and ron i dnt have any security system to my knowledge so i wouldnt know exactly where to plug it in.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
as for the yellow air bag plug ill look into that tomorrow thanx LOTS!

RonJ

Banned
Wow, that picture really sucks.

Look at the diagram I posted for the green plug. It shows the rear side of the connector. Don't the locations of the wire colors match with the diagram? If so, it's the security control unit connector, which remains unplugged if you don't have a security system.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Is that taped connector on the far left side? above the dead pedal? I had one just like that in my 1995 civic ex.

Don't know if this is any help to you, just throwin that out there :P
actually its taped to the green plug you see on the pictures.

and its two wires are blue/white stripe, and white

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wow, that picture really sucks.

Look at the diagram I posted for the green plug. It shows the rear side of the connector. Don't the locations of the wire colors match with the diagram? If so, it's the security control unit connector, which remains unplugged if you don't have a security system.
LoL:oops: sorry its dark outside and my phone sux more ass than a european whore.

and, my civic is a EX, didn't those come with an alarm from the factory?

RonJ

Banned
The taped gray 2P connector (C448) is also for the security system. You don't need it. It remains unplugged.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so from my understanding in order to have the stock alarm system (99-00 civic EX) you have to have the factory radio, right? what about the keyless entry, does the alarm system have to be hooked up for that? Am i better off just getting an aftermarket Alarm system with keyless entry?

RonJ

Banned
ok so from my understanding in order to have the stock alarm system (99-00 civic EX) you have to have the factory radio, right? what about the keyless entry, does the alarm system have to be hooked up for that? Am i better off just getting an aftermarket Alarm system with keyless entry?
^This is only true for 96-98 Civics. Keyless and security are separate from the radio for 99-00 Civics.

You almost surely already have a keyless system and just need to buy a 99-00 Civic remote.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
AWSOME BUT i stilll dont know where to plug it or what to plug it into.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The green connector is probably for the security control system. If you don't have the stock security system, then it is unused.

Post a picture of the yellow plug. Follow the heater cable (it opens and closes the heater valve) from the heater control panel to near where the passenger's left foot would sit. The yellow connector plugs in around that area.

you pretty much just gave me a diagram of what it was, not where it plugs into? at least to my understanding.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
sorry for not clarifying that, I'm talking about the security control unit plug (the green one) i don't see anything i can possibly plug it into.

RonJ

Banned
sorry for not clarifying that, I'm talking about the security control unit plug (the green one) i don't see anything i can possibly plug it into.
The taped gray 2P connector (C448) is also for the security system. You don't need it. It remains unplugged.
I guess you didn't read my answers^.