need help ! with b series swap

ej8monty

I need help with my b series swap. The motor is in and everything is connected it just won't start it cranks but no start I checked to see if I was getting fuel and I am and I'm getting spark idk why it won't start please help any info will be appreciated thanks

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Chill out. You only waited 13 minutes between posts. People have lives outside of sitting on forums.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
My cousin had the same issue when we just swapped a B18c Type r into an EK, It ended up being the timing was incorrect... It had great spark and fuel, but we couldn't get her to catch!

RonJ

Banned
Tell us how you know that the plug wires are installed in the proper firing order on the distributor cap.

Tell us the CEL codes that are thrown.

Tell us how you know that you connected all the sensors connectors to the correct sensors.

Tell us whether spark is bright white at all 4 spark plugs.

Tell us whether the fuel injectors pulse fuel when the engine is cranking.

Tell us whether the engine starts with starting fluid.

ej8monty

Tell us how you know that the plug wires are installed in the proper firing order on the distributor cap.

Tell us how you know that you connected all the sensors connectors to the correct sensors.

Tell us whether spark is bright white at all 4 spark plugs.

Tell us whether the fuel injectors pulse fuel when the engine is cranking.

Tell us whether the engine starts with starting fluid.
Yeah I re-did the timing twice but I think it might be off still I'm gonna have one of my boys come up and check it out. And yeah my firing order is correct. Its obd1 I'm not sure how to read any codes. And as the connectors go I belive I have them all in the correct spot but their are a couple that go no where for example the crank position sensor I beleive and the vtec soilinoid switch. And its getting a bright white spark in all four. Yeah the fuel injectors are getting a pulse and I can hear the fuel pump turn on for two seconds. And I tried using starting fluid still no start.

SpeedTechnik

Nothing but Performance
Registered VIP
have you checked things such as the main relay and condinuity between wires? When i changed my gaskets i ended up changing all my seals etc, considered the miniswap for a while, and cold air intake, when i turned on the car it wouldnt. just crank and no juice, we checked everything and i finally checked the relay, all was in order untill i got to my fuse box. My 70a fuse was good on one end and bad on the other, luckily when i cleaned it it was working and i got to start my car

If indeed all mechanical things are in order, then It could be something as simple as that and i hope this works for you and you get it running

Last edited by a moderator:

ej8monty

have you checked things such as the main relay and condinuity between wires? When i changed my gaskets i ended up changing all my seals etc, considered the miniswap for a while, and cold air intake, when i turned on the car it wouldnt. just crank and no juice, we checked everything and i finally checked the relay, all was in order untill i got to my fuse box. My 70a fuse was good on one end and bad on the other, luckily when i cleaned it it was working and i got to start my car
Now where is the main relay fuse on the ek ? And how could've it wentbad is it only sat for 3 months ?

ff4500

5+ Year Member
You've checked your ground wires, right? Check them again.
I had a no-start issue awhile back when the main motor ground was loose on the chassis.

Intertwined

It's onski brah
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
battery ground, valve cover ground, transmission ground..........make sure they are all connected and have good metal to metal contact.

so many people over look the fact that the grounds can cause this issue.

ej8monty

Bumpp I'm redoing my timing and this is how it looks

Also need help with some vacum hoses off the intake manifold if anyone can identify them please
this is off the evap box I believe and my b18 is obd 1 in an a 2000 civic ex
this ones off the little black box on the back of the motor under the im (I have them all caped off now)
both off these on top off Im
the third nipple off the thermostat housing please help

Last edited by a moderator:

RonJ

Banned

If you provided accurate and verifiable answers to all of these^ questions, then your problem would likely already be solved. So stop bumping and start providing some basic troubleshooting information.

Post pictures of your spark plug wires running from the distributor cap to the cylinders to allow us to verify order.

Also check the firing order of the fuel injector clips. This is done by wire color.

Compression test the cylinders.

RonJ

Banned
Its obd1 I'm not sure how to read any codes.
^Click the CEL codes link in my signature.

B18B1 or B18C1 engine?

Is the OBD1 P72 ECU installed?

Are you using an OBD2b-->OBD1 jumper harness?

And as the connectors go I belive I have them all in the correct spot but their are a couple that go no where for example the crank position sensor I beleive and the vtec soilinoid switch.
Make sure that the wire colors in each sensor connector match to the sensor.

http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/obd1.pin.schematics.gif

Post pictures of loose connectors and their wire colors.

SoJ1Ro

just sit back and enjoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
take pics of ur engine so we can see the firing order. distributor and top of valve cover