need help!

carlisle

hi everyone,
im new to the forum and im looking for some help and a civic club in the ottawa area. i have a 1997 ek hatch and im looking for some easy upgrades that i could do. im pretty much open to any idea or anyone selling parts. i am on a budget but im deffinetly working around it! let me know what you guys think!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what kinda power are you looking to achieve ?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first of all welcome to clubcivic. second of all, there are thousands of other threads just like this one. third of all, what kind of budget are you working with?

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome:

No one can tell you how to build your car. It depends on your budget and your goals. Do you want your car to be faster? Do you want it to handle better? Do you want it to look better? Do you want more than one of those? Modifying cars takes thousands of dollars and can become a huge money pit.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
My personal opinion is upgrade the suspension with FULL coilover's. Don't go cheap and get shitty lowered strut and spring combo, unless you buy quality ones.

emerican

Registered VIP
Welcome to the site and basically i second everything john said.
ALso try and use the search thread it will help you out a good bit.
Also what are you trying to acheive, what is your budget?

carlisle

right now my budget to spend on the car is about 500 a month. i have a y7 and a y8. im hoping to make around 250 hp which will be more than enough for me. im also trying to find a honda club in ottawa area. not too many people own nice hondas where i live lol

emerican

Registered VIP
The only way to make that kind of hp on a civic is to swap and build another motor or to boost the d series motor.