Need Help

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright guys. You may or may not know me, but here's the deal. My family is not doing so well. We aren't financially well and are barely scrapping by. To give you an example, we don't have a Christmas tree this year. I don't want sympathy, because that's not what this is about.

I'm in desperate need of a job. I live with my single mother and her/my mom/grandmother. Living on one income spread across practically 2 children. The question and decision has come up to sell my Si.

I LOVE this car. I told myself when I got the car that I would never sell it. No matter what. But times are tough, and its looking like a truth that might have to come true. My mom tells me that I should do what feels right and not be influenced by our situation. She was able to defer my college payments until after I finished school, and that's one less thing to worry about. But I still can't find a job and I am getting really worried.

The problem is, my mind says I should sell the Si, while my heart tells me not to. I can't bring myself to sell the car and see it being driven away by another person. But its something that would help my family, mostly my mom, out in the long run.

I would like your opinions on what I should do, or consider. I need help badly. It is costing me sleep and my happiness. I have a person ready to buy the car for 6k in cash, but I can see myself crying or at least going into a serious depression if I see the car drive away.

I know some of you are thinking, that I'm being a pussy or a b****. But this car means a lot to me; its like an extension of who I am.

Please. Help me decide.

Thanks I'm sorry for wasting a good 5 minutes of your life, but I felt like I had to get it off my chest.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Gotta do what you gotta do. Honestly, it's just a car. Is it worth keeping if it means more suffering for your family. I personally don't think so.

You aren't the only one. We shut our business down 2 years ago. My parents had to sell almost everything they own and this christmas is going to be at their house with NO furniture because they have to be out of the house by the 5th of January. Yes they are losing that too and are going to be living in their camping 5th wheel trailer on a chunk of property out in the boonies. Been their house for 16 years and poof, it's gone. Not doing this to one up you or anything like that. Just showing you that you aren't alone and it can hit anyone at any time.

Cars are material items. As long as you are fed, family is healthy, and have a roof over your/their heads everything else is frosting on the cake. You can buy another car when you get back on your feet.

emerican

Registered VIP
Personally if its going to make you like you said it would don't sell it.
you cant find any job or you cant find a job that you want?
im not trying to sound like an ass, but at least around me and everywhere else ive known there is always some place you could work. It may be for minum wage or doing something shitty but any money coming in is better than nothing.
the reason i asked is because everyone ive ever heard say that they just cant find a job just don't want to work at restaurants fast food etc.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
op sells car finds job but can't get there because he doesn't have a car. yup your going to have to lower your standards and get a job washing dishes or something equivalent i find it hard to believe that there is absolutely no work to be found. did you even try a temp to hire service or Labor Ready http://www.laborready.com/

Dominick

EM1crew.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Choice has been made. Si is going to be sold. Thanks for the help, if its in there somewhere.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
op sells car finds job but can't get there because he doesn't have a car.
His sig says that he has a daily driver that isn't the SI. Sigs don't show in tapatalk so I could understand the miss if you use that app.

emerican

Registered VIP
so you have another car to drive besides the si?
Also did you think about what we suggested with the job thing?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So how long is the money from the car going to last or are you just postponing the inevitable?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So how long is the money from the car going to last or are you just postponing the inevitable?
This.

Selling your car is a very temporary solution... one that is going to cause you emotional turmoil and leave you with one less source of transportation.

Is your Mom sick? Can't she get a job to help ease the burden?

Beyond that, look into secret shopping opportunities (you'll make about $10 a shop)
http://www.nationalshoppingservice.com

Online usability testing will make you about $10 a job, and you can do it while you're home
https://www.usertesting.com/be-a-user-tester

You can also donate plasma and usually make about $30 extra a week

I've personally used both the links I gave you, and neither of them are a scam. They're a good way to make some extra money while you're looking for a new job. I really don't see any reason for you to sell the car, unless you're at a point where you can't pay your bills.