gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Ok so this is going to cause me problems if I don't get it fixed need ideas
The problem

Can see where it hits metal

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Yeah trying to decide on piping though I know you can't see it that we'll in pics but the problem is it coming in at an angle. I'm thinking come out of turbo go with 90 pointing to front then get a piece of pipe to scrape by underneath. I'm afraid if I get a longer piece it will not work with bumper. Uhh frustrating

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mine was sort of like that on my last car, i put a coupler over the piping where it hit the metal just so any movement wouldn't cause the metal to scrap and make a hole
or you can get a longer U bend

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
Thinking longer u bend or possibly just going straight out the intercooler then a u bend coupler possibly

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Can u trim the metal and put some rubber hose on the edge with zip ties?

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My IC piping was like this when I first bought my (now sold) car. Took it to an exhaust shop, showed them exactly what piece I wanted, and what angles. As long as you know a shop with a mandrel bender, they should be able to bend the pieces to the exact bends/diameter that you need. Eliminating coupler bends is a good idea. Even though it's just IC piping, when enough pressure, it's still possible to pop the coupler off like that.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Or u could just have them weld on a small piece to extend it out a bit.

boosted to 26ps

#1 wrecker builder
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol as much into this car's motor and turbo setup i'm not going ghetto with intercooler piping ideas.
want my honest opinion....looks like your charge piping going in to the i/c is sitting at a really bad angle. i would shave off some steel right where the piping is rubbing. then use some kind of rubber coating...almost like bead sealer and coat the hell out of that area to act like an isolator. it would be the cheapest and easiest solution.

you could piece together some piping....keeping marks on the piping to make a custom bend to avoid that....viberant perfomance or use cheap ebay i/c piping kit.....just cut and fab together.

other wise you could spend a couple of hundreds and spend the time to have a fabrication shop make something for you.

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
I wouldn't guess it would be that expensive as long as i got the measurements. All i really need is to either extend this u pipe or get a longer one.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wouldn't guess it would be that expensive as long as i got the measurements. All i really need is to either extend this u pipe or get a longer one.
I used a ghetto piece of AutoZone exhaust piping that was bent at an angle that would work perfectly for a little bit (mainly to get my Teg to an exhaust shop). When I got there, I showed the dude the piece I wanted to replicate. He just did the whole bottom of the IC piping, up to my charge piping. No welding was required, so he charged me $50 for everything, and even installed it and made sure all my clamps were tight.