Need input on a noise

EJ Dewd

The noise didn't start until after I put my new shocks/springs on the other day, which it doesn't really sound like any of that rubbing but I could be wrong. I do know the rubber boot on my axle has a cut in it and needs to be replaced but I haven't gotten to it yet. I've been told they can make a popping noise when you're turning once all of the grease leaks out which hasn't happened yet. But i have never heard of it making any other kind of noise.

So basically i'm pretty positive its from the front right, I haven't had a chance to take the tire off and look to see if anything is rubbing yet but it kinda sounds like metal rubbing on metal. Its not so much a squeak as a metal on metal rubbing noise, its really hard to explain but just curious if anyone might have had it happen. And i'm sure it would help to know it's almost only when I make left turns and hit any sort of small bump.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, if you need any further info to give a solid answer ask away.

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
could be something as simple as the dust shield is hitting your rotor..check it out and just use something to push it back

EJ Dewd

I actually had that happen once, might have bent it back to where it was before i fixed it. Good idea, thanks for the input.

JWoo

I had the same problem. One of my brake pad retaining clips broke and was rubbing against the rotor.

Check to see if yours are still one piece