Votes: 2 50.0%
  • in no way at all

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well I recently moved out and all and well to be quite frank the color and well just the look in general of my new bedroom walls are ugly. Bad color, cheap wood, etc. lol so I wanted to get some posters and s**t. Although, I REALLY dont feel like buying them and I wanted unique s**t. SO in turn, my parents own the printing business and we have a wide format printer. So I want to see if I can get some help maybe and have some of CCs ps gurus either throw some ideas to me or if they get bored enough and would like to help make them, maybe I could even get the maker of the poster a copy of it as well if they wanted...(we have the cardboard tubes for shipping incase someone was wondering bout that...

But here's the part that I'm unsure of...I dont care what the content is, it can range from drugs, women, cars, designs, cool pictures or photographs in general, ANYTHING! I dont care. Just want it to be kind of eye-catching. But...the problem that will arise is, what section should this go in? Because if someone has one with nudity, would be a problem I think...hence the nsfw in the title.

Although, since the resolution would have to be greater than just a simple web image, might run into problems there as well. This might be more of a hassle for the most part to other people and if so, maybe I can just get some ideas and I'll just build them myself. There's just alot of people with good skills and pretty wide imaginations. Plus this is something different than your common ps thread, so i figured why not.

On the dimensions...I can easily go up to, I think, 44" wide (more than enough for a poster)...

Thanks CC , and if there seems like there would be activity with this, I'll start posting up some of my ideas. In fact, I'll make a poll real quick to make it simple. Thanks again

Brian

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well this seems to have NO RESPONSE

mods feel free to delete

Jezek

No Avatar FTW.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol....so you want us to create a design super high res for a poster print out?

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any size...wouldn't necessarily matter though, unless you have a slow computer workin on an image is working on an image. I figured people might get into this. Didnt see how this was different from other ps threads, just needed the file sizes in a physical print-out form instead of for web viewing.

But I'm not wanting it to be like I'm asking for this huge task. I didnt see it as that. Not like I'm wanting to make profit or anything. But for example, someone were to make a poster with their civic/car/whatever and it was edited and had whatever added to make it unique or complete, etc. I could print 2 out, one for me and one for the designer. The way I figured it, they wouldnt mind a poster/print (whatever size they designed it as, whether it was 11x17(small) or 24x36, hell even 8.5 x 11) of their car or their design (whatever they did). I just thought this might have some interest just because plenty of people are always talking about being bored and doing stuff in ps...

No worries though, not a problem.

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this sounds really cool, just I have o ps skillz :P

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
interesting.....i might have somethin.....

so if i made a poster, and you liked it, you could print it out, and print an extra for me? how much would it cost? just shipping? ;) let me know....i might have a few images that are poster-worthy

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
interesting.....i might have somethin.....

so if i made a poster, and you liked it, you could print it out, and print an extra for me? how much would it cost? just shipping? ;) let me know....i might have a few images that are poster-worthy
yeah pretty much man...shipping shouldn't be much either. Let's see what you got and I'm sure we could work something out man.

Thanks for the interest.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i might have a real decent rsx-S poster, in 11x17 sixe, if your interested ;)

typeS, volk time attacks, mugen kit.....

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like old train bridges in black and white =)

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rand0m said:
i might have a real decent rsx-S poster, in 11x17 sixe, if your interested ;)

typeS, volk time attacks, mugen kit.....
hey man, yeah I'd love that. I saw your post the other day and figured you were going to post and then i just forgot. But yeah, let me know how you wanna transfer and we'll give it a try.

Looks like I'm goign be doing this alot myself, so I figure I'm going to need to take my own pics...so maybe you can help me out on this if you dont mind Rand0m...

My dad has a Canon eos 1d w/ 35-200mm lense (not sure what else would be critical info). Any advice to taking better pics? I know this is vague, and without pics for u to see in which I've shot it's even harder, but any general info would be awsome. And not just pics subject to cars..

Will try to get the camera today and maybe later tonight have em posted.