TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
a few clarifications. no more 'random thoughts', or random whatever. if your thread does not have a clear title with a clear topic to follow, it will be locked. these open topics were a source of much of our and the members frustrations, and created many of the problems and conflicts of the old lounge. we're sorry for any 'inconvienence' this may cause you.
so in the new lounge that we have renamed the "off topic" forum, you are now required to have a CLEAR TOPIC and follow it.

shouldnt we call it the "no off topic" forum then? :lol:

:what:

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't agree with it either, but what are you gonna do?

Edit: I mean that generally^^^not directed at anyone.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$lick Rick said:
so in the new lounge that we have renamed the "off topic" forum, you are now required to have a CLEAR TOPIC and follow it.

shouldnt we call it the "no off topic" forum then? :lol:

:what:
off topic- meaning, off the topic of CIVICS. you know, what this board is all about. its in the name. we have no problem with people talking about whatever, but a thread has to at least have a clear line of though, not just 'post whatevers on your mind' because inevitably, those threads are abused and people get pissed off. so just dont do it. make a thread, talk about stuff, if you want to talk about soemthing else, make a new thread. unlike other boards, we arent post whore nazis, so keep it clean, keep it non-confrontational, and we arent really gonna care.

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
off topic- meaning, off the topic of CIVICS. you know, what this board is all about. its in the name. we have no problem with people talking about whatever, but a thread has to at least have a clear line of though, not just 'post whatevers on your mind' because inevitably, those threads are abused and people get pissed off. so just dont do it. make a thread, talk about stuff, if you want to talk about soemthing else, make a new thread. unlike other boards, we arent post whore nazis, so keep it clean, keep it non-confrontational, and we arent really gonna care.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see that many threads in the "off topic" forum right now that are off the topic about CIVICS? I understand why you don't want those threads, people talking s**t, arguing etc, but the lounge was closed and deleted for those exact reasons. You'd think people would handle themselves better knowing that mods aren't going to put up with it.

Edited: left out a word.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
radarblips said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see that many threads in the "off topic" forum right now that are off topic about CIVICS? I understand why you don't want those threads, people talking s**t, arguing etc, but the lounge was closed and deleted for those exact reasons. You'd think people would handle themselves better knowing that mods aren't going to put up with it.
off topic about civics= not having any relation to civics or even cars in general. we dont want those threads because we dont want to ban people or let s**t get out of hand, we want to stop problems before they start. contrary to popular belief, we are not ban happy or power hungry, we just want people to be civil with each other.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
basically you have walk on egg shells around here because it's starting to become like Mr.Rogers around here because some people got their feelings hurt and their panties in a ruffle, because someone said what was on their mind. End of story. Someone does something wrong the whole group gets punished. On other sites you have the ability to call someone an idiot and say why. Here even if you think someone is an idiot you have to just STFU and act like Dr.Phil around here. Where is our freedom of speech?

radarblips

WELCOME TO VUVLAR
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
off topic about civics= not having any relation to civics or even cars in general. we dont want those threads because we dont want to ban people or let s**t get out of hand, we want to stop problems before they start. contrary to popular belief, we are not ban happy or power hungry, we just want people to be civil with each other.
Now I'm just confused. Seems to me like mods/smods don't want any thread started in the off topic forum unless they're "off the topic of civics," or at leasted that's what you stated earlier. To me that means, topics that aren't directly about Civics, but at least something about them, but if you look in off topic forum now almost none of the topics are "off the topic of Civics."
Honestly I really don't have a strong opinion about the off topic forum and what can and cannot be posted there. I just wanted some clarification on what you meant and I'm sure other members do too.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
radarblips said:
Dude, this is clubcivic :lol:
No doubt they are trying to supress the white man/girl, black man/girl, mexican boy/girl, hatian boy/girl....and so on just say EVERYONE :D

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DetainedCivic said:
basically you have walk on egg shells around here because it's starting to become like Mr.Rogers around here because some people got their feelings hurt and their panties in a ruffle, because someone said what was on their mind. End of story. Someone does something wrong the whole group gets punished. On other sites you have the ability to call someone an idiot and say why. Here even if you think someone is an idiot you have to just STFU and act like Dr.Phil around here. Where is our freedom of speech?
\

then go to other sites. no one is forcing you to stay. this is not america, you do not have a bill of rights. this is a private business enterprise, and the threads you want to make are no longer going to be allowed. if you are seriously making this a big deal, you need to re-think your priorities. 98% of the lounge threads will not be touched, and arent affected by this rule. if you have a random thought that you feel needs to be posted, make a freakin thread about it. the problem with the 'random thought's type threads are that people intentionally used them to s**t on others, and more than a few got pissed off, and we had to deal with them. and we are not babysitters. want the 'random thoughts' threads back? then all of you paypal all the staff 15 bucks an hour each to sit there and deal with all the bullshit that comes with them. until then, and since we are not paid anything, we are not going to go out of our way to do more babysitting than we have to.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
\

then go to other sites. no one is forcing you to stay. this is not america, you do not have a bill of rights. this is a private business enterprise, and the threads you want to make are no longer going to be allowed. if you are seriously making this a big deal, you need to re-think your priorities. 98% of the lounge threads will not be touched, and arent affected by this rule. if you have a random thought that you feel needs to be posted, make a freakin thread about it. the problem with the 'random thought's type threads are that people intentionally used them to s**t on others, and more than a few got pissed off, and we had to deal with them. and we are not babysitters. want the 'random thoughts' threads back? then all of you paypal all the staff 15 bucks an hour each to sit there and deal with all the bullshit that comes with them. until then, and since we are not paid anything, we are not going to go out of our way to do more babysitting than we have to.
Someone pissed in your Wheaties this morning. Dude take a chill. I do go to other forum sites, and this one by far as some cry baby mods. Not all of them but a few. Whats to baby sit, let the people duke it out, all you gotta do is sit in your damn chair and govern what they say. If they say something that is way beyond the point then warn them. I swear RULES RULES RULES. Just a little note import drivers don't like RULES, we have to deal with that s**t on the streets with the cops.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So let me guess this straight..... You RE-Opened the lounge, which was made for Off Topic conversations, mostly NOT concerning civics. You proceed to NAME it the OFF TOPIC section. Then after a few days of it being open again, and problem free, you then post a statement like that Mike? Are you TRYING to piss people off? You are doing the same thing again.....going above and beyond for no reason (closing the lounge). There were no fights at the time in the old lounge when it was closed. A little criticism of the moderating team yes, but fighting amongst members there were none at that point. You opened this lounge, its been very peaceful. Then go and implement more restrictions? I dont get it.

You should probably be a little more specific........
Handlebars said:
This is a damn shame. :(

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DetainedCivic said:
Someone pissed in your Wheaties this morning. Dude take a chill. I do go to other forum sites, and this one by far as some cry baby mods. Not all of them but a few. Whats to baby sit, let the people duke it out, all you gotta do is sit in your damn chair and govern what they say. If they say something that is way beyond the point then warn them. I swear RULES RULES RULES. Just a little note import drivers don't like RULES, we have to deal with that s**t on the streets with the cops.
this site is a business. sponsors pay the exorbant server bills every month, and in order to maintain high site sponsorship, letting people s**t on each other when ever and where ever they want to is not going to happen. it does not have anything to do with whiny mods. it has everything to do with what the OWNER of this site wishes the site to look like. he has decided that this s**t ends now. it is now our job, as the staff to carry that out, and we are doing so. if you dont like it or dont agree with it, theres nothing i can tell you except to go to these other sites you speak of to get your agression out. me personally, i agree with you, we should be all adults and we should be able to take some clown over the internet making fun of us. ive personally had some of the shittiest personal attacks happen to me, and im definitely not crying myself to sleep over it. but its not my decision to make. its the owners. its my job to carry it out.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
So let me guess this straight..... You RE-Opened the lounge, which was made for Off Topic conversations, mostly NOT concerning civics. You proceed to NAME it the OFF TOPIC section. Then after a few days of it being open again, and problem free, you then post a statement like that Mike? Are you TRYING to piss people off? You are doing the same thing again.....going above and beyond for no reason (closing the lounge). There were no fights at the time in the old lounge when it was closed. A little criticism of the moderating team yes, but fighting amongst members there were none at that point. You opened this lounge, its been very peaceful. Then go and implement more restrictions? I dont get it.

I agree....I should be a mod the world of Clubcivic would be a better place.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:

whats the big f**king deal with not having a 'random thoughts' thread? my god people, we've restricted you from remaking about 4 threads that were in the old lounge and all you do is piss and whine. get the f**k over yourselves.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
whats the big f**king deal with not having a 'random thoughts' thread? my god people, we've restricted you from remaking about 4 threads that were in the old lounge and all you do is piss and whine. get the f**k over yourselves.
And that statement says a lot about you.. Im glad you said that for all to see...

I just asked for you to be more specifc than DONT POST ANYTHING OFF TOPIC (civics) in the OFF TOPIC portion of our website...

Am I really pissing and whining or are you?

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
Amen. :werd: :thumbs up

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DetainedCivic said:
I agree....I should be a mod the world of Clubcivic would be a better place.
No, I should be a mod...you know...so I can post in locked threads and s**t and then just lock s**t so I always get the last word in ;) :lol: :lol:

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
And that statement says a lot about you.. Im glad you said that for all to see...

I just asked for you to be more specifc than DONT POST ANYTHING OFF TOPIC (civics) in the OFF TOPIC portion of our website...
dont post anything WITHOUT a topic. no random thoughts, no random whatever. if there isnt some sort of train of thought, then it will be locked. and im getting a bit frustrated with you people. this is so incredibly stupid to be making a huge issue out of.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
this thread is getting out of hand. if you need any more clairification, you may pm me. otherwise, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.