need to know by tomorow , about tires

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
okso i got 16x7 inch rims and the guy i got them from offerd tire pacages form 205/40-55/~~~ "what does the 40-55 specify?"
i am wondering what that means. also

yokohama-a520 / parada spec 2

ventus-venttus hr 2 405

falken-beta fk-451 / azenis

nitto-nt-450 / nt-555 / nt-drag radial

i need to know the best tire for track / street racing. and for cornoring, also for stoping and good controle / stoping in the rain

skinnyjdm

Always bet on black
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to tirerack.com and they should have reviews of most of those tires. Another thing you might wanna consider is durability. After all you don't wanna buy new ones in 5000 miles do you? As far as the 40-55 he probably meant he had them in those sizes for 16s

Project k20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
40-55 is the aspect ratio of the tire. It means the sidewall is 40-55% of the width of the tire...

Project k20

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
o yea...get some BFG Drag radials if ur car got heat...haha

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Out of the tires you listed, I'd go with the Azenis, GR Betas, Parada Spec 2s.

mirahe

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hi cole

I am from Spain , and I don´t know how is the behaviour of the tires that you write, but I have tested these :
Dunlop Sportmaxx , Dunlop SP9000 , Dunlop SP2000 , Goodyear eagle , Pirelli Pzero Nero.

The best one is Pirelli Pzero Nero , Good handling , Best cornering , lane change , wet conditions , and the milleage is between 20 000 and 30 000 Km.

Normally when your aspect ratio is low then your tire have more rigidity then you have less slip angle , then your car is more quick when you turn the steering wheel , but always depends of the compound and structure of the tire.

If you can put Pirelli and tell me your feelings.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah... so what'd you get?

mirahe

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin

1 Year ago I was working in a Performance cars (SEAT SPORT) , you know Leon Cupra R or Ibiza Cupra R.

For this reason i have tested this tires , now I am working in a Motorsport WTCC with the toledo.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh, I was talking to cole because he started the thread awhile back and never came back...

and yes, I know of Seat's models.
we chop alot of the on www.photoshopchop.com/forums

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you're getting 16"s, get the 45 series tires. Those are the correct plus size tire to keep within OEM guidelines.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm sure he's ordered them by now...