Need your Opinions...

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
Hey guys for the past few months, I've been kinda saving for a new car to be my project, but realized i wouldnt be able to afford insurance, a new car and parts for both. So I've been contemplating about building up my EJ6. Its a fairly clean car heres some pics from when I was washing it today.

The paint on the bumber has some chips in it, and the clear is starting to come off.

Theres a few scartches on the rear bumper from my bike pedals:lol:

Theres only a little bit of rust on the car.
Little bit on either rear quarters and the bottom of the drivers door

The interior and clean and exterior is fairly clean. Little bit of rust, and a few small door dings.

When I was washing it this happened. I guess it wants to be debadged:roll:

So Im asking for your opinions. Should i build this car up or save for a new platform(coupe or hatchback). The only thing i dont like is its an Auto...:(

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would say build what you have, built sedans are the s**t. And you can do a man. swap, or do a whole motor swap while your at. Overall, i would say its a good base to start with

barrett

Registered VIP
good base to start, little rust. clean paint. i'd say build it. swap a B, or an H. slam it. sedans are the bomb! repping the sedan scene!

95EJ2

i would build it i got a sedan started on a project looks sik

but yeah when you swap i would go 5 speed or you could stay auto

to eaches own ya know but i would build it the rus wouldnt be to hard

to repair cuz its nt that bad if you do build what aryour plans ????

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
good base to start, little rust. clean paint. i'd say build it. swap a B, or an H. slam it. sedans are the bomb! repping the sedan scene!
Id swap a B Series into it with a 5 speed unless I got a really good deal on a K series but I'm not counting on it. The paint is clean other then a bit on the hood that is starting to fade.

barrett

Registered VIP
B series are awesome. I've got a B17 trans if you're interested. Same gearing as the B16 but cable instead of hydro.

treeafodo

Austin
Registered VIP
I don't have the money for a motor or tranny at the moment. I only have $200 I can spend until Friday. Pm me how much you want for it.

I've read quite a bit on auto to manual swaps. But the thing that has me confused are how do you set up the pedals? Lol