New 1995 LX owner in DFW - 368,000 + mileage!

bzzt

Hi, I'm in the Dallas, TX area my daughter bought a 1995 white civic LX yesterday.
It has a whopping 368,000 + miles on the odometer but reportedly 150K on the motor.
Lowered a little and has a front lip (Mugen?).
I drive an '04 SRT-4 but have had some civics...
1991 LX - Bought new and kept 17 years!
2004 Si
2006 LX 4 door

The '95 one needs a windshield, exhaust (axle back), door handle, rear window motor, and 3rd gear grinds a little unless you wait a couple seconds between shifts. Otherwise a fantastic car for $1,800! :D

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
Looks like fresh paint too! :thumbs up

.... So... About that daughter... LOL

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:welcome: to CC!

Most pics of the car? Looks like it is in pretty good shape.

emerican

Registered VIP
welcome to the site
tuned in for some more pics
did he give you any proof of the mileage on the motor?

bzzt

Thanks for the welcomes!

Went to the junk yard yesterday and for $100 picked up a front passenger side door handle, full trunk carpeting, spare tire, and cat-back exhaust.
I'l have more pics later, but took a few of the engine.
The markings say it's a D15B7. No paperwork or proof that the engine has 150K miles but it has no rattles, doesn't smoke, and has never hesitated.
I could have sworn that vtec engaged a few times at higher RPM. How can I tell if this has a D16Z6 head (vtec head)?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Doesn't look like a d16 head to me. Look for the vtec solenoid. If it has one it will be just behind the distributor.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Welcome to the site by the way.

bzzt

Doesn't look like a d16 head to me. Look for the vtec solenoid. If it has one it will be just behind the distributor.
Thanks, I'll check later today.
Also for the 3rd gear grind, is there a recommended transmission oil/additive to help?

emerican

Registered VIP
dosent look like a vtec head to me either
a mini me swap isnt very hard though if you want to put a d16 head on it

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks like a d15b7, top to bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I_GOT_BOOST

since 06
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to the site and no its not a vtec head you can tell by the position of the spark plugs the vtec head has the sparkplugs in the front of the valve cover non vtec to the rear....vtec solonoid is found on these engines to the left hand side top of the valve cover near the end on the fuel rail and behind distributor ....( when standing in front of the car) and yes these engines for some reason kick at higher rpms i could nver figure out why though i used to think the same thing that they where the jdm d15 but then learned that the have the same valve cover as the d16

vtec

non vtec

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
iv got a gunmetal powdercoatet valve cover ill sell you for cheap lmk

bzzt

pics of the srt?
Here she is. Bought less than 2 years ago and have replaced pistons, rings, upper gaskets, front axles, turbo CHRA, and various other things. Only aftermarket things are intake, under drive pulley, exhaust, and I cut the harmonic balancer chain (10 extra hp). I enjoy every minute of driving it!

I bought this red one a couple months ago as a fixer upper for $4,000 and just sold it to my son in law.
Replaced the rings, 1 piston, upper gaskets, fuel pump, oil pressure sensor, turbo oil return gasket, and some other stuff. I love the rumble of the side exit exhaust. My silver one has a muffler which a stock one doesn't even have.

bzzt

Had a feeling I would find you in here lol
Oh hi! :hi:
I'm also a member of ephatch.com. Hehe

That your EP3? Here's the '94 one my older daughter used to have. The SRT-4 cockpit reminds me of it because they are raw and to-the-point...

This is what she bought a couple months ago: 2012 Si 4 door

CJ89

No title needed :)
Registered VIP
Yea the ep3 is what I traded for the srt. I miss it already lol and it sounds like me and you are on all the same forums haha now it would be really creepy if you was on defensivecarry.com lmfao

bzzt

Yea the ep3 is what I traded for the srt. I miss it already lol and it sounds like me and you are on all the same forums haha now it would be really creepy if you was on defensivecarry.com lmfao
Not defensivecarry.com but spent a lot of time on 8thcivic.com . I bought a 2006 civic LX a week after they hit the showroom floor in late 2005. I was in a busy area (Chicago) and still didn't see another one for about 3 months!