New Camera

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well my D80 finally came today. i couldnt be more happy with it. ive only shot a few pics with it but i have a sample for you all. i would have more but it is craptastic outside right now. oh this was shot with my 18-55mm D50 kit lens and SB800.

reanna our 2 year old.

our new puppy

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What where you using before?

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Very nice.....i'm still trying to get some more good pics with my D80, here's a picture i took, but i didn't get to edited it yet....

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice shot. how do you like your D80 so far? great camera no doubt. still gotta get the hang of a few more features on it though.

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
nice shot. how do you like your D80 so far? great camera no doubt. still gotta get the hang of a few more features on it though.
i love it...its an awesome camera, it has more features than my brothers d70S. I'm still trying to get the hang of the features myself, i've been reading the manual and testing shooting in different modes.

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jspec Ej6 said:
i love it...its an awesome camera, it has more features than my brothers d70S. I'm still trying to get the hang of the features myself, i've been reading the manual and testing shooting in different modes.
ya i still gotta go throught my manual i need more time though. what is your favorite setting so far.

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
ya i still gotta go throught my manual i need more time though. what is your favorite setting so far.
i don't really have one yet, still trying to decide. The thing i like most about the D80 is the filters they have on the camera.....

The picture i have on the bottom i did it on the camera...Very nice feature

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ooooo i likey. what is it a sepia filter?

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
imho, going from a d50 to a d80 isn't that big of a jump.
i played around with my friends' for awhile. one has a d50 and one a d80.
i liked the d80's controls and whatnot, but i couldn't really notice anything outstanding between the two.

now, from a d50 to a d200 on the other hand...
nice upgrade... still wouldn't trade my canon for anything else...
cept maybe a 1d Mark III

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
i liked the d80's controls and whatnot, but i couldn't really notice anything outstanding between the two.

cept maybe a 1d Mark III
D200 to expensive...plus didn't have enough

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:

cept maybe a 1d Mark III
see after owning a d50 for a while and then getting a d80 there seems to be a huge difference to me.

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
see after owning a d50 for a while and then getting a d80 there seems to be a huge difference to me.
that's sorta how i feel, using a P&S camera for so long...and now that i have a DSLR, Big difference.

bmyers4321

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jspec Ej6 said:
i'll put up some new ones later...i've been busy and haven't taken any snaps ...
nice. hey quick question when you shoot to you shoot in raw. if so how many mb is each pic. mine are like 6 MB each and its killin me on space on my laptop. i have almost no programs on here cause of it too.

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
nice. hey quick question when you shoot to you shoot in raw. if so how many mb is each pic. mine are like 6 MB each and its killin me on space on my laptop. i have almost no programs on here cause of it too.
must be nice... my .raws are like 20mb.

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm looking at DSLR's for the past month or so..and i've basically narrowed it down to the Rebel XT...I just checked out the d50 and d80.

Could you guys compare the XT to the D50, D80...and why..?

(sorry) [/threadjack]

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bmyers4321 said:
when i bought my d80, it came with a software called picture project. i upload my pictures using that software and it automatically converts all my pictures in jpegs....it even resizes them for you.

you can go to www.nikondigital.com and download the software, all you have to do is register your product with them.....