new car

dsettle13

picked up this 97 civic dx coupe about a month ago. stock d16y7, with 143k miles. Pretty much stock but its lowered on buddy club n+ spec adjustable coilovers, blox lca's, jd hid one step lights, white rota slips with red lip, si cluster that shows actual mileage, kenwood headunit and two 12" kicker comps. Car is clean and rust free. let me know opinions and ideas for what i should do next!

only pictures i have now will post more tomorrow

TheEJ8

Looks good, you shouldd do a 5 speed conversion next=)

dsettle13

another question, ive tried restoring my headlights twice now and they are still clouded up. i think theres moisture behind the lenses. anyway to fix that?

unix4linux

another question, ive tried restoring my headlights twice now and they are still clouded up. i think theres moisture behind the lenses. anyway to fix that?
Not guaranteed to work if it's really bad but you'd have to bake the headlights in the oven to be able to separate the lense from the housing. It's the best way to separate the rubber/silicone. Once opened you can try clearing it out.

dsettle13

could i use a heat gun to heat it up or something then if i get it apart hows it go back together?

Decipher

Registered VIP
f**k all that... get some silica gel packs that come inside of some food/other packaging, poke some tiny little pin holes in it and string some fishing line through the little pack and fish it down through the back of the headlight into the housing... it'll zap all of that moisture right out.

A more permanent fix would be to take it apart and clean it, and seal it back together better... but this is a neat little trick.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what does being 16 have to do with having a 5 speed? they arent dangerous or anything

to lower it more, you need the coilover wrenches to crank it down. unless you can spin them by hand. but first you have to jack the car up and take the wheel off. you dont really have to take if off in the rear though

take them apart and re seal them. or buy new ones that arent off of ebay

dsettle13

I seen that you can use a flat head screw driver with a rag on the end and hit it with a hammer then spin it by hand, then grab the entire threaded part and spin it till it reaches the bottom part that was spun before. They said on n+ you only mess with the two bottom pieces. I know to make sure they all measure the same. Sound right? Lol

dsettle13

f**k all that... get some silica gel packs that come inside of some food/other packaging, poke some tiny little pin holes in it and string some fishing line through the little pack and fish it down through the back of the headlight into the housing... it'll zap all of that moisture right out.

A more permanent fix would be to take it apart and clean it, and seal it back together better... but this is a neat little trick.
Don't they come in shoe boxes too?

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f*** all that... get some silica gel packs that come inside of some food/other packaging, poke some tiny little pin holes in it and string some fishing line through the little pack and fish it down through the back of the headlight into the housing... it'll zap all of that moisture right out.

Wow, that is ghetto as f*ck...

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I too have the issue with my mom telling me I can't drive manual. Oh well. Anyways, looks like a good start.

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've had two automatic civics, and my mom wants me to get an automatic, but i want a five speed teg.