new ctr pedals

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You take the rubber piece off of the brake pedal, and use the bracket to hold the new cover on.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah i know that much, but if you notice in the picture, it has rivets almost. do i drill into the pedal to fit the rivets?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
yeah when you try to incorporate rhd ek9 pedals on to a lhd vehicle the gas and clutch are bolt on, for the brake you have to drill into the pedal...

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You have got to be kidding me with that price!

To answer the question, yes, you have to drill for rivets to work. They have to have a hole to go through or else it defeats the purpose.

Evan.

iTrader EVERYthing
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
BTW, you can get the same pedals on www.strutking.com for about half price without replacing the whole assemblies and they BOLT on.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah these pedals where a pain in the ass to put in. but they look sweet. i should of done a diy because they did take some time to put them in. one thing i found that was off was on the throttle. it was not the same setup as the usdm pedals. for the spring the retracts the pedal back in place when no pressure is applied, that had to be modified in order for it to retract...if that makes sense. some other small things as well on the clutch but nothing to serious that it could not be done. for the rivets i drilled in and used some jb weld on the back just to make sure they would not pop out at all.

leave some feedback. ill try to get better photos soon.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh yeah i also paid $120 for these new. jdmland had them for sale and i was in arizona at the time too.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i couldve found something better to spend 120 on..

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im going for the jdm approach, i have already finished my build and i want to look as genuine as possible. last steps is looks for me...